3-4 linebackers?

lwehlers

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Ware and Thornton are keys since both can put a hand on the ground at DE in a pinch.

The breakdown will come down to who is returning kicks and playing gunners on ST. I'm guessing we will try to keep an additional back or WR over keeping 8 DL or 10 OL.

Unless Goolsby and/or Cooper really show something, I don't see 9 LBs worth keeping on the roster.

this is a good topic. i also agree that i do not see any way that thornton does not make this team. he is a good back up defensive end if we have injuries. linebacker and safety are the key postions that i am going to watch this preseason. also we need to have two of our linebackers who can play both inside and outside. we have three guys who can do that in james, shanle and burnett but there inexperience really bothers me. i really wished we could have signed a guy who we knew could play both positions and not have to worry about. i just hope that burnett hip does not become a real concern at the start of camp. we cannot afford to have him miss any time in training camp.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I don't get how a team like SD can make the 3-4 conversion so seamlessly with virtual no names. I can't name any of their LB's off hand other than Fowly and Edwards. I don't think we need an outright star @ every position to make this work.

Reaction score
Your right...
However everyone here (at least) will know our LBers after this season...

No more playing them off the LOS 4-5 yards in a passive & very predictable system...
Its about attacking a offense and the LOS now...

As Parcells stated recently...He should have scrapped zimmy's 4-3 that first year...No kidding...

blindzebra

Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
Your right...
However everyone here (at least) will know our LBers after this season...

No more playing them off the LOS 4-5 yards in a passive & very predictable system...
Its about attacking a offense and the LOS now...

As Parcells stated recently...He should have scrapped zimmy's 4-3 that first year...No kidding...

It should be real easy to provide a link, since he recently said it.:rolleyes: