3-5 step drops from the Giants

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Mansta54;1749882 said:
Henry will be on his game this time around with the Giants. I bet he's been waiting for this matchup ever since game 1 and with TNew healty again, we will shut them down.. This game won't be close either.. 41-17 Boyz!!!

I love that whole squash a mosquito with a sledgehammer mentality. :D

Dominate.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I expect the Giants to try and control the clock with the ground game and use play action which is Manning strength. One thing the defense really has to be aware of is if you can't get to the QB due to the 3 step drop then get your hands up. Eli already has a tendency to throw the ball high, get a few batted balls and you will see Eli over shooting his targets.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1750360 said:
I expect the Giants to try and control the clock with the ground game and use play action which is Manning strength. One thing the defense really has to be aware of is if you can't get to the QB due to the 3 step drop then get your hands up. Eli already has a tendency to throw the ball high, get a few batted balls and you will see Eli over shooting his targets.

We don't need to sack Manning, we just have to force him into mistakes. Getting a push from the DL and having them put their hands up while maintaining their gaps will keep Manning in the pocket and frustrate him into throwing bad passes. It will also take his slant-passes away, which our corners will have covered anyway, by playing man-up. So then Manning will eventually turn to dumping the ball off to Rodgers or the TE, and we will have that well-covered because the DL would have maintained gap control and not overpersued. And if Maning chooses to adjust by going deeper with his trows, then the DL can release from their gaps to pressure him (or have a LB come in on a delayed blitz). The key for Dallas will be solid coverage by the secondary.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;1750374 said:
We don't need to sack Manning, we just have to force him into mistakes. Getting a push from the DL and having them put their hands up while maintaining their gaps will keep Manning in the pocket and frustrate him into throwing bad passes. It will also take his slant-passes away, which our corners will have covered anyway, by playing man-up. So then Manning will eventually turn to dumping the ball off to Rodgers or the TE, and we will have that well-covered because the DL would have maintained gap control and not overpersued. And if Maning chooses to adjust by going deeper with his trows, then the DL can release from their gaps to pressure him (or have a LB come in on a delayed blitz). The key for Dallas will be solid coverage by the secondary.

I agree although I do think we will get our share of sacks if we can keep him in longer passing situations and you do that by shutting down their running game.

khiladi

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1750360 said:
One thing the defense really has to be aware of is if you can't get to the QB due to the 3 step drop then get your hands up. Eli already has a tendency to throw the ball high, get a few batted balls and you will see Eli over shooting his targets.

6 foot 7 Chris Canty... do your thing...

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1749918 said:
we should replicate the gameplan we used against the Eagles on Sunday

I was kind of thinking that myself. I liked seeing Burnett and Roy at LB with all those DB's. That is a fast defense that would be very hard to throw against.

I'm not scared of their running game either.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AsthmaField;1750646 said:
I was kind of thinking that myself. I liked seeing Burnett and Roy at LB with all those DB's. That is a fast defense that would be very hard to throw against.

I'm not scared of their running game either.

Giants are not a WCO and we will need the bigger LB playing in the middle to stop the Giants power running game.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1750650 said:
Giants are not a WCO and we will need the bigger LB playing in the middle to stop the Giants power running game.

Yes, I know... I'm not saying the whole game. Just more than we did in our first game against NY, which I think we will. I think our personnel fits that defense well and we should play it more than we did in game 1.

I suppose I should have been more specific...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AsthmaField;1750681 said:
Yes, I know... I'm not saying the whole game. Just more than we did in our first game against NY, which I think we will. I think our personnel fits that defense well and we should play it more than we did in game 1.

I suppose I should have been more specific...

If we can keep them in passing situations then yes. If they can have success running then it because hard to sit in a dime coverage.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Jam, jump and jolt

jam them at the line

jump the short routes

jolts from #31 and #26

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1750650 said:

if the Giants want to rush in obvious passing situations

let them

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1751354 said:
if the Giants want to rush in obvious passing situations

let them

That is not what I mean Giants have been doing a great job of late of running the ball and staying in very manageable down and distance and using the play action off that. Dallas must do a good job in stopping the run so that we are dictating to their offense not the other way around. While the dime defense can be great but you can't game plan the NY Giants the same as you would Philly they are not the same team and their strengths and weakness are different.