big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

3 Cowboys Due for a Breakout Season in 2024​

Story by Jack Gurley
5/22/2024

As we know, this has not been an ideal off-season for the Cowboys. In addition to the fact that the front office has been very passive in signing players, to say the least, the Cowboys have also lost several of their star players to either retirement or the free agent market this off-season, like Tony Pollard and Tyron Smith, for instance, along with several others.

Due to the Cowboys roster dwindling this off-season and the front office signing very few, if any, free agents, there are several gaps in the depth chart that current young Cowboys are looking to fill and possibly make a name for themselves in Dallas by doing so.

There are a multitude of young Cowboys on the roster who have the potential to have a solid season with the team and help contribute to another promising season. Some players, in particular, have shown significant promise so far in their time in Dallas, making fans and media think they are due for a breakout season in 2024.

Below, we will list three players who have the potential to have a breakout season with the Cowboys and become some of the most prominent players in their position across the league.

1. Jalen Tolbert
2. Jake Ferguson
3. Rico Dowdle

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=eaa6e604c8d1433c8e0667b45819e086&ei=31

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Only 1 name on that list showed tremendous upside last season....the others were hurt, or only showed the odd clip of being good. I would say these 2 are due for increases playing time which could lead to better performance because of it. Or, they will both flop badly with this increased playing time. Which is more likely? Heck if I know

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Sam williams
Cooper beebe
Juan Thomas

Tolbert and Dowdle won’t get enough opportunities to break out and Ferguson broke out last season.
I think for it to be a breakout they would have had to be here for a year + already. Juan Thomas? Juanyeh?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Story by Jack Gurley
5/22/2024

As we know, this has not been an ideal off-season for the Cowboys. In addition to the fact that the front office has been very passive in signing players, to say the least, the Cowboys have also lost several of their star players to either retirement or the free agent market this off-season, like Tony Pollard and Tyron Smith, for instance, along with several others.

Due to the Cowboys roster dwindling this off-season and the front office signing very few, if any, free agents, there are several gaps in the depth chart that current young Cowboys are looking to fill and possibly make a name for themselves in Dallas by doing so.

There are a multitude of young Cowboys on the roster who have the potential to have a solid season with the team and help contribute to another promising season. Some players, in particular, have shown significant promise so far in their time in Dallas, making fans and media think they are due for a breakout season in 2024.

Below, we will list three players who have the potential to have a breakout season with the Cowboys and become some of the most prominent players in their position across the league.

1. Jalen Tolbert
2. Jake Ferguson
3. Rico Dowdle

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=eaa6e604c8d1433c8e0667b45819e086&ei=31
Rico I'd love to see him ball out, I think it'll be him doing it for a new deal with a new team. Tolbert of course Ferguson I guess he's shown a lot. Sam Williams ToP OF ThE LIST

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Players the Cowboys are praying have breakout seasons:
  • Mazi Smith - if he doesn’t show major improvement…the “Taco” comparisons continue.
  • Sam Williams - will he be able to grow up, play more consistently and stop with the stupid penalties? Key question
  • Brock Hoffman or Cooper Bebee- one of these two guys MUST be good enough at C to give the running game a chance to be better.
  • Someone - anyone at RB

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Story by Jack Gurley
5/22/2024

1. Jalen Tolbert
2. Jake Ferguson
3. Rico Dowdle

I expect it from two of the 3..Tolbert? I just don’t know.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I care very little about individual performances. I want the team to breakout and conquer that playoff hill they have been tripping on. Get to the NFCC game!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Players the Cowboys are praying have breakout seasons:
  • Mazi Smith - if he doesn’t show major improvement…the “Taco” comparisons continue.
  • Sam Williams - will he be able to grow up, play more consistently and stop with the stupid penalties? Key question
  • Brock Hoffman or Cooper Bebee- one of these two guys MUST be good enough at C to give the running game a chance to be better.
  • Someone - anyone at RB
Yep. The guy we need is Mazi. Weakest position groups. Sam seems possible too. Big if he can replace Armstrong snaps.

I just don't see Dowdle doing it. JAG gonna JAG. The breakout player at RB isn't on the team yet. There will be multiple RBs available 1st week of the season better than what we got.

Hoffman or Beebe? I don't see it in Hoffman. Hard to see it in Beebe *this year*. Beebe was exactly the guy to draft last draft to train up to take over for Biadasz. Tough row to hoe for Beebe to come to the NFL *and* change positions. Stretch goal for Beebe is to be better than Biadasz *as a rookie*.

Nobody is talking about the guy yet. The GuyTon. I expect Guyton to be some tough sledding for us if we start him. I don't think he's near ready. But ready or not, here he comes. At least that's the way the team has been acting since the draft.

jwitten82

Reaction score
In order for our defense to step up, we need Mazi, Overshown, and Williams to produce. If not, gonna be a disappointing defense

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sam williams
Cooper beebe
Juan Thomas

Tolbert and Dowdle won’t get enough opportunities to break out and Ferguson broke out last season.
Agreed Fergy was a beast last year. He'll be even better, but he's already arrived

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am surprised Overshown is not on many lists here. I think he has the dawg in him big time.

This team desperately needs more dawgs.

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm going to go with Fehoko. I think he shocks everyone starting almost immediately with the preseason.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score

Story by Jack Gurley
5/22/2024

1. Jalen Tolbert
2. Jake Ferguson
3. Rico Dowdle

I'm good on 1 & 2 but #3 I'm not sold on.