big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These Cowboys may need to look elsewhere for new homes
By Mike Luciano
10/26/24

The Dallas Cowboys find themselves at 3-3, but this is far from an optimistic 3-3. With the roster just barely good enough to even have a shot at the playoffs and Dak Prescott not playing like a quarterback worth $60 million per season, it's clear that Dallas won't win anything if they keep everything at the status quo.

These 3 players have severely underperformed for Dallas, and none of the are so entrenched in the infrastructure of the team to avoid getting booted out of town. If Jerry Jones does make some changes, these three players could see either their playing time reduced to zero or earn a pink slip.

3. CB Andrew Booth
2. DT Jordan Phillips
1. EDGE Carl Lawson

https://thelandryhat.com/3-cowboys-players-shouldnt-last-rest-october-lawson-booth?utm_source=RSS

blueblood70

Reaction score
By Mike Luciano
10/26/24

The Dallas Cowboys find themselves at 3-3, but this is far from an optimistic 3-3. With the roster just barely good enough to even have a shot at the playoffs and Dak Prescott not playing like a quarterback worth $60 million per season, it's clear that Dallas won't win anything if they keep everything at the status quo.

These 3 players have severely underperformed for Dallas, and none of the are so entrenched in the infrastructure of the team to avoid getting booted out of town. If Jerry Jones does make some changes, these three players could see either their playing time reduced to zero or earn a pink slip.

3. CB Andrew Booth
2. DT Jordan Phillips
1. EDGE Carl Lawson

https://thelandryhat.com/3-cowboys-players-shouldnt-last-rest-october-lawson-booth?utm_source=RSS
what NO Zeke. Wow shocker hes usually on the hater top player to be cut no matter the list. :muttley:

add in one name that might not last, get blown out again for the 4th loss in row ie not even competitive in all 4 losses, welp Big Mike could be at home.

Right its long shot, but this has been tough week for Jerry taking a lot of heat, showing signs of melting down, took some shots at MM play calls and schemes, and when i hear JJ say no ones being fired and no trades coming instead of being silent, my spidey sense says something in those areas is VERY possible IMHO.

MM is the scapegoat....i see a Jets type situation happing; fire the HC , make trade to save face.. and try and manufacture some notice to the players to fight the season not over and don't give up!! need new cause,

blueblood70

Reaction score
He belongs on this list. It's really obvious he is bringing nothing this year and is done.
Or we will find out Sunday on how much they utilize all the running backs,

because right now I think too much blaming is going to names on the back of the jerseys and are non-committal offensive coordinator to the run game,

I mean that was pathetic last week, it's been like that around here for a long time but there's no way Rico should have not got 20 carries last week, you look over and see what hunt is getting 20 carries rico's getting 10 carries a game, hunt came off the street no practice squad no one know whether the guy was in shape or not and did Reid even hesitate, no, just give the ball 20 times.

so even if the running back not producing big time in chunk plays or YPC, it affects the over four quarters...Keep Running!!

Now before we blame a Elliot,

I'm going to have to stick with his dad inferred,

I know that dude isn't the same as it used to be but have we seen him get 15-16 carries like get warmed up, get into the game flow??!!

I mean I don't see how our running backs at all and I believe Jerry's right,

I think Henry would have been wasted here yes he'd have been more effective, yes the production would've been there, maybe it would've helped our offense,

but the way Mike McCarthy calls run plays he rather manufacture fake runs by short passes that that's what he's been doing do you really believe 100% that Dalvin Cook is going to do anything here if he's going to only get 5 carries!!

I mean running back by committee would have been nice if you use 2 running backs and a full back and you gave the two running backs at least 15 carries each or some between there to get 30 carries and commit to the run game that's what you need to do Mike is more to blame and then we go back and we look at it and then you go to the offensive line coach and the play calls and schemes between the two of them have been horrible so how can you really judge Ezekiel Elliott without actually seeing some proof..

Most big backs and how many and I'm gonna even go and I don't wanna make a comparison to Henry but I watched a little of that game last week in the 1st 17 minutes of that game he was under 3 yards per carry literally they were holding him at Bay until he boom he hit an 81 yard run changed the whole narrative and then after that it deflated the defense and he started getting on a roll you can't do that as a running back unless your play caller calls those plays no matter what you stick to the run game..

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
By Mike Luciano
10/26/24

3. CB Andrew Booth
2. DT Jordan Phillips
1. EDGE Carl Lawson

Wow, way to go out on a limb here. LOL.. I thought you were being serious. These guys just like a bunch of others are just fodder.. No one expected much from them to begin with. How could they disappoint?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Phillips should've been outright cut, so that shows how weak the FO is, holding on to bad apple players for no reason.

For a draft n development team, cut your losses and find young players on your roster or other teams to give an opportunity to be on your team for the next year or two. Get the deadweight gone and find young hungry players, at least, we'll see some effort on the field.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He belongs on this list. It's really obvious he is bringing nothing this year and is done.
The Cowboys aren't even trying to use him. Jerry said as much. In THAT case he is a waste.

I'm hoping Cooks gets a chance to show people how bad our o-line and game management really is.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s so ridiculous and typical of Jerry that he’s even on the roster!
The Cowboys aren't even trying to use him. Jerry said as much. In THAT case he is a waste.

I'm hoping Cooks gets a chance to show people how bad our o-line and game management really is.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We've all seen enough of him the last 3 years to know he is cooked.

The Cowboys are doing Zeke a favor by not getting him 15-16 carries a game.
I disagree as much as I know he's not gonna be as effective I'd like the man to be able to run full time here before you say he's washed and done because Mike McCarthy right now has ruined this run game that's a fact you wanna know who's washed that would be Mike McCarthy's offense his outdated vanilla his pathetic excuse for a conservative offense literally never challenging the defense I mean it's terrible it's I thought Kellen Moore was the bottom of the barrel when it came to designing run games but I was wrong this is worse at least Kellen with trying to use the running backs more that display last week there's no excuse for it there's literally none that have what 6 carries between your two running backs by halftime or whatever it was even 10 is absolutely insane....

So I'm not gonna judge any player on offense until Mike McCarthy figures this out and maybe miracle happens like he did after last bye week which I don't know what he can do in one bye week that changes what he could've done in training camp and from game one on but this is a pathetic excuse for an offense not the players the scheming the play calls the blocking it's just it's just not working together it's like all the coaches are trying to do something different..

So I'm not gonna have this conversation I brought it up I was surprised zeke's name's not on the list but also I'm not going to sit here and say we should just say he's done because we have not even seen him behind an actual decent offensive line in three years it is really not three years 2021 and 2022 he started out the first half of both those very strong close to 5 yards per carry, but in that not Henry tested for peds that's for damn sure lol the man's an anomaly I think if Derrick Henry ever dies and he check his casket in about 15 years he's not going to age a minute LOL

so yeah last year behind that pathetic excuse for an offensive line in New England and so far here where he's not getting much opportunities at all to ever get the flow of the game but our offensive line is not very good and neither is the play calling so I haven't seen enough evidence that he's actually washed no he's not the same person he's not the same player but he's the best blocking back we have on the team and I bet he's the best short yardage in goal line but that was a pathetic excuse for a handoff in what was it in the Pittsburgh game where Rico fumble that should've been zeke's carry that's my point we're not even getting him in his own element of what he does best but yes I do agree if this is the way he's gonna be utilized he should be inactive now because we can just do that with hunter...