3 Cowboys players who shouldn't last the rest of October

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah that’ll solve everything.

Was it just my eyes or did Lawson play pretty well against Pittsburgh?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
We've all seen enough of him the last 3 years to know he is cooked.

The Cowboys are doing Zeke a favor by not getting him 15-16 carries a game.
Yeah it’s crazy to me that people just ignore 2022 and 2023 and go right to the idea that he just needs more carries.

It’s over for Zeke. He had a nice career, but he’s a guy who should be on the fringe of even making an nfl roster at this point and is at best a role player.

Big_D

Reaction score
The Cowboys aren't even trying to use him. Jerry said as much. In THAT case he is a waste.

I'm hoping Cooks gets a chance to show people how bad our o-line and game management really is.
Like he did with the Jets? Another low budget washed up RB and poor decision by the GM. There’s really nothing left to prove. We already know this front office is a fraud that completely drops the ball on a regular basis. Is Cooks supposed to prove that the slow plodding group of RBs here isn’t also part of the problem?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Yeah it’s crazy to me that people just ignore 2022 and 2023 and go right to the idea that he just needs more carries.
Lot of fans said same thing about Emmitt in his last days.

Remember people trying to convince me if Emmitt could just run more, he would have 1500 yard seasons again.

Every player frame has a “Use By” date no matter what they did in their prime. Some of the fans are just as blind as the players who are too proud to shut it down.

RonWashington

Reaction score
With Kneeland out DLaw out Parsons out the last position I’m throwing out the door is edge . Carl Lawson stays .

On the topic of Zeke has it occurred to anyone with increasing time with Dallas this yr Jerry is padding Elliotts final Union monthly retirement payment . Nice of Jerry to burn a roster spot .

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
These Cowboys may need to look elsewhere for new homes
By Mike Luciano
10/26/24

The Dallas Cowboys find themselves at 3-3, but this is far from an optimistic 3-3. With the roster just barely good enough to even have a shot at the playoffs and Dak Prescott not playing like a quarterback worth $60 million per season, it's clear that Dallas won't win anything if they keep everything at the status quo.

These 3 players have severely underperformed for Dallas, and none of the are so entrenched in the infrastructure of the team to avoid getting booted out of town. If Jerry Jones does make some changes, these three players could see either their playing time reduced to zero or earn a pink slip.

3. CB Andrew Booth
2. DT Jordan Phillips
1. EDGE Carl Lawson

https://thelandryhat.com/3-cowboys-players-shouldnt-last-rest-october-lawson-booth?utm_source=RSS
Is Jordan Phillips the talkative one?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No. He is currently on IR. I'm curious as to exactly HOW he has "severely underperformed". Perhaps not spending enough time in a cold tub?
The mistake is mine. I meant Jordan Lewis, who recently criticized the team's attitude and practice culture.
Odd, I never knew Lewis existed before he starting spouting off like a team leader.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These are bottom of the roster guys/ backups. We are super thin along the DL bc of injuries so who you gonna bring in to take their place? We have 4 healthy DE's right now and 4 DTs. So, they aren't taking snaps from younger guys who need them. They are filling holes.

Havic

Reaction score
I honestly cannot believe there is a poster here defending Zeke’s work. Dude has been washed for at least two years

Havic

Reaction score
With Kneeland out DLaw out Parsons out the last position I’m throwing out the door is edge . Carl Lawson stays .

On the topic of Zeke has it occurred to anyone with increasing time with Dallas this yr Jerry is padding Elliotts final Union monthly retirement payment . Nice of Jerry to burn a roster spot .

What’s even better is we are still taking dead cap hits from his prior contract while paying him 3 mil this year to do nothing on the roster.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Yep, that will show them.

Marginal acquistions, how dare you not pay off! Jerry put his faith in you.

I bet Mike McCarthy gets the team fixed after that strong message sent to the team.