3 Cowboys who are living on borrowed time in 2024

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are others. But these three definitely belong in this category.

Story by Maitland Rutledge
6/22/24

The Dallas Cowboys are less than a month from training camp opening in Oxnard, CA. Veterans and rookies will be looking to take those first steps towards building a contending team. There are some new faces but plenty of familiar ones since the team did not see a massive overhaul in personnel this offseason to the dislike of some.

While plenty of players on this team have proven their worth, others are on borrowed time. In other words some players may be playing their last year in Dallas, putting off the inevitable of them finding new homes in 2025. These players have proven some worth over the years but may be seeing their times in Dallas come to end if they do not have breakout performances in 2024.

1. DE Sam Williams
2. CB Nahshon Wright
3. TE Peyton Hendershot

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=79648e004a9d4a06b5f7cf4bdc52559f&ei=13

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don't see Hendershot even making the team this year. Jake Ferguson and Luke Schoonmaker are locks, and I think this team will give Brevyn Spann-Ford every chance to replace Henny.

Also can't forget John Stephens, who was probably going to beat out Hendershot last year before his injury.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I don't see Hendershot even making the team this year. Jake Ferguson and Luke Schoonmaker are locks, and I think this team will give Brevyn Spann-Ford every chance to replace Henny.

Also can't forget John Stephens, who was probably going to beat out Hendershot last year before his injury.
luke better watch out himself, he better stay off the injury report etc, this may be his last season here too

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

6/22/24

The Dallas Cowboys are less than a month from training camp opening in Oxnard, CA. Veterans and rookies will be looking to take those first steps towards building a contending team. There are some new faces but plenty of familiar ones since the team did not see a massive overhaul in personnel this offseason to the dislike of some.

While plenty of players on this team have proven their worth, others are on borrowed time. In other words some players may be playing their last year in Dallas, putting off the inevitable of them finding new homes in 2025. These players have proven some worth over the years but may be seeing their times in Dallas come to end if they do not have breakout performances in 2024.

1. DE Sam Williams
2. CB Nahshon Wright
3. TE Peyton Hendershot

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=79648e004a9d4a06b5f7cf4bdc52559f&ei=13
Someone on the radio shows mentioned there's no one here to vouch for these players anymore meaning their previous DC, there's a new one here, if he likes someone else, it makes it so much easier to let these guys go

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I thought Sam Williams had a chance to be a great player. He showed some real flashes his rookie year. He wrecked a game against Detroit with two sacks, but disappeared after that. He reminds me a little of Randy Gregory. He’ll make a play, but make a couple of boneheaded mistakes. He’s had an off the field issue. He really didn’t make much progress last season. This will be a make or break season for him.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Things would really have to go south for Sam Williams not to see his 4th season. Nahshon is probably not making the team if he's 5th on the depth chart and right now that seems to be where he's slotted. Hendershot isn't making it this season unless he just blows up or there are injuries to the other guys.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see Sam being in the same boat as the others unless there is something going on I'm unaware of.

If no big steps forward, then he's definitely in trouble.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Weird list. It’s definitely a make or break year for Williams, but the other two are bit players.

I’d say Zach Martin and D-Law are the most obvious ones. Maybe Malik Hooker…

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not see Sam Williams being at risk not to make the team. He is still somewhat raw, and we seen the potential.
It will be one of the more interesting developments in TC and in the games to see how Zimmer can help him mature and become better.

For sure, Wright is on a very delicate bubble.
Hendershot I can see also, and if not picked up by another team, he will be on the PS. Is he decent enough to get a 7th round pick for him?

I think Deuce Vaughn is at more risk than Hendeshot. Hendershot is dealing more with numbers and roster spots than talent to make the team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point, I would be shocked to see Nahshon Wright make the team. The guy we can blame for grossly overdrafting him is no longer here to protect him.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't think Sam Williams is going anywhere. I think he'll be here the full 4 years. But it's still borrowed time. Maybe more playing time will help. After this year, Mazi will be on borrowed time too if he progresses at a slow pace.

I'm not expecting much of anything from Wright or Hendershot.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really hoping Sam Williams gets his head on straight with the new coach. It's up to him!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I do not see Sam Williams being at risk not to make the team. He is still somewhat raw, and we seen the potential.
It will be one of the more interesting developments in TC and in the games to see how Zimmer can help him mature and become better.

For sure, Wright is on a very delicate bubble.
Hendershot I can see also, and if not picked up by another team, he will be on the PS. Is he decent enough to get a 7th round pick for him?

I think Deuce Vaughn is at more risk than Hendeshot. Hendershot is dealing more with numbers and roster spots than talent to make the team.
The Deuce may be cut loose. They’re going to try him out as a slot WR but it’s going to be tough to make it. Turpin’s also practicing there and the WR room is deep.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

6/22/24

1. DE Sam Williams
2. CB Nahshon Wright
3. TE Peyton Hendershot

Nashon Wright has never shown anything IMO. An occasional ST play but other than that he’s been a zero. Dan Quinn drafted him because he likes tall, rangy corners. Well….he's certainly tall.