3 Cowboys who are living on borrowed time in 2024

jwitten82

Reaction score
I don't think Sam Williams is going anywhere. I think he'll be here the full 4 years. But it's still borrowed time. Maybe more playing time will help. After this year, Mazi will be on borrowed time too if he progresses at a slow pace.

I'm not expecting much of anything from Wright or Hendershot.
It has to be a make or break year for Williams. He's been extremely disappointing so far

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I do not see Sam Williams being at risk not to make the team. He is still somewhat raw, and we seen the potential.
It will be one of the more interesting developments in TC and in the games to see how Zimmer can help him mature and become better.

For sure, Wright is on a very delicate bubble.
Hendershot I can see also, and if not picked up by another team, he will be on the PS. Is he decent enough to get a 7th round pick for him?

I think Deuce Vaughn is at more risk than Hendeshot. Hendershot is dealing more with numbers and roster spots than talent to make the team.
There is no way Williams isn't making the team and is most likely seeing 500-600 snaps. He had 5 sacks in 300 snaps last year

Kingofholland

Reaction score
There are others. But these three definitely belong in this category.

3 Cowboys who are living on borrowed time in 2024
Story by Maitland Rutledge
6/22/24

The Dallas Cowboys are less than a month from training camp opening in Oxnard, CA. Veterans and rookies will be looking to take those first steps towards building a contending team. There are some new faces but plenty of familiar ones since the team did not see a massive overhaul in personnel this offseason to the dislike of some.

While plenty of players on this team have proven their worth, others are on borrowed time. In other words some players may be playing their last year in Dallas, putting off the inevitable of them finding new homes in 2025. These players have proven some worth over the years but may be seeing their times in Dallas come to end if they do not have breakout performances in 2024.

1. DE Sam Williams
2. CB Nahshon Wright
3. TE Peyton Hendershot

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=79648e004a9d4a06b5f7cf4bdc52559f&ei=13
I'll be honest, this isn't exactly the list I was expecting. I thought we would see some of our older players on this list. Sans Sam Williams they probably zeroed in on guys that were the 51st+ roster player last year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Someone on the radio shows mentioned there's no one here to vouch for these players anymore meaning their previous DC, there's a new one here, if he likes someone else, it makes it so much easier to let these guys go
Yep. Always bad news for marginal players when the guys who brought them to the team leaves. If you pick a player, you have an interest in his success, because that's your success too. Now that's gone.