News: 3 former Dallas Cowboys named Hall of Fame semifinalists

CCBoy

Reaction score
3 former Dallas Cowboys named Hall of Fame semifinalists
https://thelandryhat.com/2017/11/22/3-dallas-cowboys-hall-of-fame-semifinalists/

Three former Dallas Cowboys have been announced as semifinalists for possible induction into the the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2018.

As of today, the Dallas Cowboys have 23 former players, coaches or executives currently enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. Next year, America’s Team could add up to three more members to that prestigious club.

On Tuesday, the Pro Football Hall of Fame announced that they have narrowed down a list of 108 candidates to just 27 semifinalists for possible induction in 2018. And that list includes three former Cowboys. They are head coach Jimmy Johnson, cornerback Everson Walls and wide receiver Terrell Owens...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Two things TO have going against him this time...... Randy Moss ( two players from the same position) and his criticism of members last year after he missed out.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reporters will be bias against us again, because of the Dallas Cowboys vs. the World / Dictator mess.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I like that T.O. is a "Former Cowboy" even though he spent 8 years on the 49ers and just 3 on the Cowboys.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Two things TO have going against him this time...... Randy Moss ( two players from the same position) and his criticism of members last year after he missed out.
I could care less if TO gets in the HOF or not. I have never forgiven him for his antics on the Star. Hated him as a Cowboy and still do.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't know if Walls will have enough support. I would like to see it but honestly, I don't know.

Owens is a 49er to me, so I wish him luck but he's not a Cowboy inductee, to me.

Jimmy, I think he has a good chance. We'll see.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Jimmy is overdue.

I honestly think Jerry (or other people's fear of him) has impacted Jimmy's induction. No way Tony Dungy should have gotten in before Jimmy IMO.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Everson Walls was a flat out play maker! One of the few CB’s who would bait the QB into throwing the ball, then jump the route. He lead the league his rookie year with 11 int’s. He had 2 int’s vs Joe Montana in the game Dwight Clark made his stinkin catch. Everson Walls was one of the few CB’s, then and now, who anticipated the throw before the throw, instead of reacting to the throw after it is thrown( see Brandon Carr, Terrance Newman, Mo Clayborn, etc. etc.) Walls did get beat on occasion, but his big plays and overall play should put him in the Hall of Fame. Ditto for Captain Crash #43.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Would rather have Pearson in as a Cowboy than TO. He is a 49er
Screw TO and his massaginist-self. The true blue WR not yet into the HOF is simply a man who was awesome on and off the field, Drew Pearson! The ONLY 88!

links18

Reaction score
TO deserves to be in, don't care which team its with. Pearson should be in as well.