CFZ 3 Pivotal mistakes by Jerry

Brax

Reaction score
Wow, just realized that Aikman was still in the league when Brady was drafted. That's unreal.
23 season 10 SB games played 7 won, but we are told here Daks better, and Brady is just product of good teams. Funny how good the teams are when he plays on them and how much better they become when he joins them. Dak would probably have 6 rings right now if he played for those teams with his superior ability, or so some would have you believe. Next time someone tells you a QB doesn’t make a difference tell them to ask a Bucs or patriot fan about that..

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm particularly focusing on the three years because I think those were among the most pivotal mistakes that, compounded with each other, led to where we are now, along with the balance of power in the NFC East being shifted from us when it should really have been us in charge for a longer period of time had Jerry had the planning necessary to change those. I think it's also relevant here because it shows the history of poor planning on the part of Jerry. This has been once again showed this offseason. It shows he hasn't learned that important lesson. He hasn't learned how to plan for disasters.
One game at a time....

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Easy to say now. No one knew Moss & Brady were going to be great players. The draft is a crap shoot. Not one member in here could have done better. Always easier looking in from the outside. That said, neither of the two would have turned out as they did, playing for Dallas!

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Easy to say now. No one knew Moss & Brady were going to be great players. The draft is a crap shoot. Not one member in here could have done better. Always easier looking in from the outside. That said, neither of the two would have turned out as they did, playing for Dallas!
100%, this is something one must always account for when asking what could have been with certain players. This franchise would have killed their careers.

RS12

Reaction score
3 Pivotal mistakes by Jerry

LOL! Three? Let me save you some time. 1994 and any of 500 coaches, despite a SB win with a deteriorating roster built by Ackles, Wooten and JImmy, it has been a death spiral since.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
3 Pivotal mistakes by Jerry

LOL! Three? Let me save you some time. 1994 and any of 500 coaches, despite a SB win with a deteriorating roster built by Ackles, Wooten and JImmy, it has been a death spiral since.

Well, I'd have added in "between 1998-2000 that changed the course of history", but that'd have been too long a title.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
One game at a time....

I agree with that. However, on the same token, I think some of the mistakes that were made in the offseason that have been discussed led to what happened in the Bucs game. And, just the same, some of the mistakes I've mentioned led to the collapse between 2000-2002 that Parcells had to try to build us away from. I'm arguing, with my OP, that I think the mistakes involving the three players I listed led to what transpired following those decisions.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

From what I have read, it seems to me that Randy Moss's talent wasn't a concern. It was his off the field decisions. I think that, had he been taken by us, he and Irvin would have made quite the combination.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I just want to know why not an opossum costume or a raccoon, a horse costume is too simple.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I've always liked horses. Marvelous animals horses are, and they fit my personality quite well actually. I do know some people that have raccoon suits, but I've always liked horses.
George jones liked opossums so much that he started looking like one. They eat ticks and fleas and can with stand poisonous snake bites. Opossums are cool

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Tammy Wynette started looking like a tick so George would fall in love with her. George was and is one of the best country singers.

Tammy the tick liked to stand by her man.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
If Dallas drafts Moss, it's possible Irvin never even gets hurt and plays a few seasons with Moss on the other side. Aikman, Irvin and Emmitt get their 4th ring and the rest is history.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If Dallas drafts Moss, it's possible Irvin never even gets hurt and plays a few seasons with Moss on the other side. Aikman, Irvin and Emmitt get their 4th ring and the rest is history.

And then imagine what we build beyond that with the extra firsts. Also, Jimmy probably would've been in the ROH by now had that happened. The Eagles likely would've remained irrelevant. Houston probably wouldn't get a team, so LA would've been the new expansion city in all likelihood as Texas would probably not need a second team with the Cowboys being a recent champion. The Cardinals still likely would move to the NFC West come alignment, but Washington probably would still see the same collapse on this timeline. Essentially, we missed out on a chance to completely and totally have the NFC East and Texas to ourselves.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
1. Firing Jimmy
2. 2 firsts for Galloway
3a. Jason Garrett 3b. Trading for Roy Williams 3c. Drafting Quinthay 3d. No Randy Moss 3e. Chutch,Stoerner,Henson,Leaf,Brooks,Vinny,Bledsoe,ymama