3 Potential Cuts by other teams would they be of interest to Cowboys

garyv

Reaction score
3 Potential Cuts by other teams do you see any Cowboy interest ?

Matt Barkley, quarterback, Philadelphia Eagles
Montee Ball, running back, Denver Broncos
Zac Stacy, running back, New York Jets

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Aren't Stacy and Ball good RBs?

What am I missing?

Edit: Not really good, but good.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Why would Barkley be interesting if Tebow beats him out?

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
NO interest in Ball or Stacy IMO...Barkley? Maybe
Why not?

Stacy is a bowling ball at RB who will get those dirty yards. I know Tre Mason was the more dynamic back and Stacy's YPC didn't look pretty behind STL's line. But we're talking about our offensive line here.

Ball is intriguing too with his pedigree and experience in a zone blocking scheme at Wisconsin.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Aren't Stacy and Ball good RBs?

What am I missing?

Edit: Not really good, but good.

You are not indulging in the fantasy that there are teams that will be cutting starting quality RBs.

Stacy I believe is safe with the Jets. Now, Ball might be in danger. But then again, if he can't hold a third string job in Denver, I fail to see what he could do other than replace Dunbar.

The issue is with our depth that we allow some positions to come with a "template". In other words, the fourth or fifth guy here, needs to do this.

I understand it, but it is a rigid thought process. We certainly believe in tiered depth. All teams do, in a way, but I think we like to assign roles based on the pecking order more than some other teams.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
Why would Barkley be interesting if Tebow beats him out?

if Tebow beats him out it's more because of Chip Kelly's ego than a competition of capable QB play.

i am admittedly a USC homer but i would jump at the chance to bring in Barkley i think he could be a great backup QB

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
You are not indulging in the fantasy that there are teams that will be cutting starting quality RBs.

Stacy I believe is safe with the Jets. Now, Ball might be in danger. But then again, if he can't hold a third string job in Denver, I fail to see what he could do other than replace Dunbar.

The issue is with our depth that we allow some positions to come with a "template". In other words, the fourth or fifth guy here, needs to do this.

I understand it, but it is a rigid thought process. We certainly believe in tiered depth. All teams do, in a way, but I think we like to assign roles based on the pecking order more than some other teams.

Very interesting take on the depth. I guess I've always known that to be the case, but you articulated it well.

Questfor6

Reaction score
I can see a trade made by someone for Montee Ball at some point in the next 2 days, I'd give them Hanna for him

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can see a trade made by someone for Montee Ball at some point in the next 2 days, I'd give them Hanna for him

I think Hanna's injury came at the absolute worst possible time. I think the Cowboys would have loved to have showcased Hanna to possibly move him. I saw where what I feel is a lesser TE recently traded for a 6th round pick and was bummed the Cowboys missed out in the action.

chuch

Reaction score
My fingers are crossed for Zach Zenner in Detroit. That have a surplus of backs and Zenner has made waves this preseason.

conner01

Reaction score
Any RB they bring in has to play special teams
Otherwise that means you cut a dline guy because they are not cutting Dunbar without someone to replace him on special teams