#3 receiver and returns issue.

Murph80

Reaction score
I say we need a Vet WR. If we don't get another established WR Dez will not be returning Punts or KO's. I would like to see him return punts but we need some solid insurance incase of injury.

Woods

Reaction score
i'd like a vet wr too.

but i think someone like d murray will be returning KOs. I don't see them using Dez for KOs anymore.

Punt returns, maybe.

not sure the cowboys brass wants to bring in a vet wideout though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We have quite a few return guys and Ogletree is impressing at camp so let's wait on this.

808s&KobeSteaks

Benched
Reaction score
Woods;4023930 said:
i'd like a vet wr too.

but i think someone like d murray will be returning KOs. I don't see them using Dez for KOs anymore.

Punt returns, maybe.

not sure the cowboys brass wants to bring in a vet wideout though.

Good, I dont want my baby gettin hurt again. My spidey senses are aroused when Dez tosses defenders around, I dont need him getting injured on silly kickoff returns.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I really wish the Skins hadn't resigned Santana Moss. He would be such a perfect fit in the #3 slot.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
This is KO's job to lose. By what the reports are indicating it sounds like he gets "it"

DFWJC

Reaction score
Murph80;4023925 said:
I say we need a Vet WR. If we don't get another established WR Dez will not be returning Punts or KO's. I would like to see him return punts but we need some solid insurance incase of injury.
I hear Ogletree has looked great so far.
But yes, it seems like a veteran (not a star, but a guy that is solid) would fit well until wither Oglestree or harris win the job.

I'm more concerned about punt returns than KOs--we have plenty of guys that can do that plus the job is devalued with the new rules.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I remember when some of you guys were BEGGING for Ogletree to get a chance. Well here's his chance and it sounds like he's doing a good job so far. If not, Dwayne Harris is tailor made for that position.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dez needs to be out there for punts or kick off returns. One of them. I don't see the Eagirls worrying about little Deseasn getting hurt on punt returns.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Still need a viable option in FA if Austin or Bryant get hurt Dallas is screwed at Wr.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
8FOR!3;4024207 said:
I remember when some of you guys were BEGGING for Ogletree to get a chance. Well here's his chance and it sounds like he's doing a good job so far. If not, Dwayne Harris is tailor made for that position.

Yeah we hav someone on the roster who will get the job done.

It's a non issue in my mind.

superonyx

Reaction score
rocyaice;4024211 said:
Dez needs to be out there for punts or kick off returns. One of them. I don't see the Eagirls worrying about little Deseasn getting hurt on punt returns.

Desean Jackson is used sparingly on punt returns. He had about 20 punt return attempts last season.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
DFWJC;4024185 said:
I hear Ogletree has looked great so far.
But yes, it seems like a veteran (not a star, but a guy that is solid) would fit well until wither Oglestree or harris win the job.

I'm more concerned about punt returns than KOs--we have plenty of guys that can do that plus the job is devalued with the new rules.

didnt harris do punt returns in college? if he make the roster, mostlikely 4th wr. Than i would see if him or AOA can get it done.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
rocyaice;4024211 said:

desean jackson also doesn't fight for extra yards and try's to break every tackle like Dez. Jackson will run out of bounds if need be. Dez last option is to run you over.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Ogletree and Harris have both been impressive at times already from what im hearing, so im not sure signing a vet slot receiver is a priority. I wouldn't be upset if we got a solid vet on the cheap though.

chuffly

Reaction score
Are we sure we're ready to trust Ogletree as a #3 WR yet? I lost a little faith in the guy after last season, and reading Shinywalrus' report about his effort not being 100% doesn't exactly restore it.

Not sure who fits the bill, but I wouldn't mind bringing someone in who can at least provide a little extra competition for that slot.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Behind Miles and Dez, we have guys like: Kevin Ogletree who showed you last year that he can't be trusted, Dwayne Harris who is a 6th round rookie, I heard that they just signed Jesse Holley, and I don't even need to get into how terrible this guy is as WR. Are these the guys that we're supposed to rely on when/if Miles or Dez or both go down with an injury, I'm not sold on that.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Wayne02;4024315 said:
Behind Miles and Dez, we have guys like: Kevin Ogletree who showed you last year that he can't be trusted, Dwayne Harris who is a 6th round rookie, I heard that they just signed Jesse Holley, and I don't even need to get into how terrible this guy is as WR. Are these the guys that we're supposed to rely on when/if Miles or Dez or both go down with an injury, I'm not sold on that.

Depending on how Ogletree and Harris look, i may agree that we need a vet to add to our depth. Lets wait and see how these guys look first though.

Holley was signed to be a ST force again, much needed since Hurd left.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
I know I'd feel much more comfortable if we signed a vet who could step in as a starter if our top two (Austin/Bryant) went down for a prolonged period of time.

If the price isn't prohibitive, I'd love to take a look at James Jones or Steve Smith.