#3 receiver and returns issue.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
realtick;4024329 said:
I know I'd feel much more comfortable if we signed a vet who could step in as a starter if our top two (Austin/Bryant) went down for a prolonged period of time.

If the price isn't prohibitive, I'd love to take a look at James Jones or Steve Smith.

I have to wonder why Steve Smith is still available. Guy has Pro Bowl talent as a possession guy. Wonder what the deal is with him?

Wayne02

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4024318 said:
Depending on how Ogletree and Harris look, i may agree that we need a vet to add to our depth. Lets wait and see how these guys look first though.

Holley was signed to be a ST force again, much needed since Hurd left.

I trust Harris more than Ogletree, or Holley, and that's not a good thing. I understand that Holley was signed to be a ST guy, but he is supposed to be a WR first, and if he isn't good enough to be a WR, then he shouldn't be on the roster. There are plenty of guys who can pick up the slack as a ST player. The Boys have too many holes on this current roster to be considered a team that will compete for the playoffs.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Wayne02;4024366 said:
I trust Harris more than Ogletree, or Holley, and that's not a good thing. I understand that Holley was signed to be a ST guy, but he is supposed to be a WR first, and if he isn't good enough to be a WR, then he shouldn't be on the roster. There are plenty of guys who can pick up the slack as a ST player. The Boys have too many holes on this current roster to be considered a team that will compete for the playoffs.

No, Holley was signed to be a core ST first.. much like Hurd was in the years he was here. He was never going to be a pro WR, we knew that.. he didn't. That's why he's gone now.

Wayne02

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4024373 said:
No, Holley was signed to be a core ST first.. much like Hurd was in the years he was here. He was never going to be a pro WR, we knew that.. he didn't. That's why he's gone now.

Hurd is a good enough player to get on the field and contribute as a WR which is why Chicago signed him, Holley doesn't have that capability. I guarantee you that if the Boys didn't sign Holley, no other team would have picked that guy up. You don't draft or sign guys just to be a ST player, I hope this decision doesn't come back to bite us.

Wayne02

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4024469 said:
Really? Never did with us..

Well, if he wasn't good enough to be a WR in the NFL, then why did Chicago immediately come and offer him a contract? I have more confidence in a hard working player like Hurd then a rookie, Jesse Holley, or Ogletree.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Wayne02;4024538 said:
Well, if he wasn't good enough to be a WR in the NFL, then why did Chicago immediately come and offer him a contract? I have more confidence in a hard working player like Hurd then a rookie, Jesse Holley, or Ogletree.

Where's he on the depth chart in Chicago right now?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Trusting Ogletree or some rook WR to step in and take over should Dez or Miles go down is insane. O-tree or Harris can get spot duty in the slot but I would not trust either of them as the guy at this point.

And this is coming from an Ogletree fan. He just hasn't earned anyone's trust at this point. And Dallas should make him earn a spot, not just hand it over b/c he's had a few good practices.

Bring in a vet, push everyone. Competition, especially at the highest level, is the best thing for this team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BAT;4024566 said:
Trusting Ogletree or some rook WR to step in and take over should Dez or Miles go down is insane. O-tree or Harris can get spot duty in the slot but I would not trust either of them as the guy at this point.

And this is coming from an Ogletree fan. He just hasn't earned anyone's trust at this point. And Dallas should make him earn a spot, not just hand it over b/c he's had a few good practices.

Bring in a vet, push everyone. Competition, especially at the highest level, is the best thing for this team.

Why is it insane?

Protect Romo and all is well regardless if Miles or Dez go down.

This crap about needing an all star group of receivers is crazy.

Wayne02

Reaction score
BAT;4024566 said:

I couldn't agree more. Everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that Dez Bryant's physical style of play makes him vulnerable to injury. Miles Austin has a long history with injuries, and if those two go down, they expect us to rely on the three headed monster of Ogletree, a rookie, and Jesse Holley.....that's a recipe for disaster.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Wayne02;4024608 said:
I couldn't agree more. Everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that Dez Bryant's physical style of play makes him vulnerable to injury. Miles Austin has a long history with injuries, and if those two go down, they expect us to rely on the three headed monster of Ogletree, a rookie, and Jesse Holley.....that's a recipe for disaster.

FA is not over yet!

Good Lord people.. even when it is, that doesn't mean that we can't get a vet in here.

Wayne02

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4024622 said:
FA is not over yet!

Good Lord people.. even when it is, that doesn't mean that we can't get a vet in here.

So you agree that we need a veteran WR to shore up the depth?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Wayne02;4024641 said:
So you agree that we need a veteran WR to shore up the depth?

Need? No.

I wouldn't be opposed to signing one, but you can usually get decent cheap vets anytime during the season. I'd wait and see how Ogletree and Harris look first.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Answer is no. We now have POOTS

Tysson Poots, DS #110 WR, Southern Utah

Name: Tysson Poots
College: Southern Utah Number: 19
Height: 6-2 Weight: 214
Position: WR Pos2: H-back
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2011
40 Time: 4.72 40 Low: 4.62 40 High: 4.79
Projected Round: Stock: High: PFA Low: tryouts