3 Recently Cut Free Agents the Cowboys Must Sign

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me, Henderson and Marshall would be progress stoppers for who the Cowboys already have. I'm for signing Ika however.

Story by Sayre Bedinger
8/29/2024

The Dallas Cowboys have just made a pretty substantial move ahead of the 2024 regular season, adding veteran free agent running back Dalvin Cook to one of their most concerning position groups. The combination of Ezekiel Elliott and Dalvin Cook in the backfield for the Cowboys may have been a lot more appealing five years ago, but it still represents the team doing whatever it takes in the window they currently find themselves in.

And there could still be some really interesting potential free agent pickups out there for the Cowboys to help fortify this roster before the season.

With the NFL allowing veteran players on the practice squad, the options are endless here. What players should the Cowboys go after next?

1. CJ Henderson, cornerback
2. Terrace Marshall, wide receiver
3. Siaki Ika, defensive tackle

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=0f60294f19e84636bbf80bfbe8431359&ei=20

blueblood70

Reaction score
For me, Henderson and Marshall would be progress stoppers for who the Cowboys already have. I'm for signing Ika however.

Story by Sayre Bedinger
8/29/2024

The Dallas Cowboys have just made a pretty substantial move ahead of the 2024 regular season, adding veteran free agent running back Dalvin Cook to one of their most concerning position groups. The combination of Ezekiel Elliott and Dalvin Cook in the backfield for the Cowboys may have been a lot more appealing five years ago, but it still represents the team doing whatever it takes in the window they currently find themselves in.

And there could still be some really interesting potential free agent pickups out there for the Cowboys to help fortify this roster before the season.

With the NFL allowing veteran players on the practice squad, the options are endless here. What players should the Cowboys go after next?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=0f60294f19e84636bbf80bfbe8431359&ei=20
"Must" LOL

a WR is not any form of need deep there IMO the DT maybe ,

corner who is he? why not Howard or JC?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
CJ Henderson is a guy I missed hard on in the 2020 draft. I thought for sure he would be a multiple time pro bowler, but he may not even be in the league a year from now.
Dude has never been able to stay healthy since entering the league. He came in with a ton of promise and ability. One wonders if the injuries have robbed him of some of that ability along with his confidence.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
CJ Henderson is a guy I missed hard on in the 2020 draft. I thought for sure he would be a multiple time pro bowler, but he may not even be in the league a year from now.
I missed on this guy.....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41014467/titans-cutting-oft-injured-cb-caleb-farley-source-says
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Titans waived cornerback Caleb Farley on Tuesday.

Farley, selected by the Titans in the first round (No. 22) in the 2021 draft, was in a competition for a reserve spot in the secondary. But he won't be a part of Tennessee's opening 53-man roster.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I missed on this guy.....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41014467/titans-cutting-oft-injured-cb-caleb-farley-source-says
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Titans waived cornerback Caleb Farley on Tuesday.

Farley, selected by the Titans in the first round (No. 22) in the 2021 draft, was in a competition for a reserve spot in the secondary. But he won't be a part of Tennessee's opening 53-man roster.
That's who I wanted, I just don't think they want to create too much competition hell this possible bust could beat out our recently drafted Carson!! lol

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Marshall will get another shot somewhere. He's got an alibi from playing on some dreadful Panthers offenses.

Ika and Hendo were two guys I always thought would bust. Ika was a Mazi type who never played to his size, and Hendo is one of the softest college CBs I've ever seen. Although I would guess injuries have left him on the waiver wire more than physicality.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think we had a great team last year that underperformed in the playoffs and then we lost a lot in the offseason. Well, I'm happy to say I think our FO has done a great job of replenishing what we lost. We should have another great team playing a first-place schedule.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Story by Sayre Bedinger
8/29/2024

Not sure why some are getting excited about Cook, he was horrible last season. Once again JJ doing what he does best, Dumpster Driving!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Marshall will get another shot somewhere. He's got an alibi from playing on some dreadful Panthers offenses.

Ika and Hendo were two guys I always thought would bust. Ika was a Mazi type who never played to his size, and Hendo is one of the softest college CBs I've ever seen. Although I would guess injuries have left him on the waiver wire more than physicality.
you sign ika for a week to pick his brain for the Browns, then you cut him lol

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Story by Sayre Bedinger
8/29/2024

Loso86

Reaction score

Story by Sayre Bedinger
8/29/2024

Must sign why?