3 XFL players the Cowboys should consider bringing to training camp

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
OK queen of the south..drama queen for sure. Nobody secures 60 for the season. the season all that maters and many will be available. there are 3 great kickers ie elite the rest are all pretty much the same. FACT

NEXT Overreaction..
I like the part where you said your opinion is fact. That's not how facts work.

Once they cut down to 53, we are now looking at the top 32nd kicker available, and someone who hadn't work with our Special Teams coach in training camp.

If your argument is kickers 4 through 32 are all pretty much interchangeable, I could see that. I don't agree but I understand the thought.

If your argument is that it's perfectly fine to wait and see who becomes available, I'm saying you are dead wrong.

They should be trying to find 2 or 3 guys now and let them compete. There's a few XFL guys who showed some potential, the USFL has 1 or 2, and there's still that Japanese kicker with the big leg waiting for someone to pull the trigger. If your 3 guys battle it out and then someone better becomes available, make the move. Having little or no competition and then hoping like heck that someone better comes along is a bad plan. "Hope" is not a strategy, especially in team building.

Cool name-calling though. I was really impressed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like the part where you said your opinion is fact. That's not how facts work.

Once they cut down to 53, we are now looking at the top 32nd kicker available, and someone who hadn't work with our Special Teams coach in training camp.

If your argument is kickers 4 through 32 are all pretty much interchangeable, I could see that. I don't agree but I understand the thought.

If your argument is that it's perfectly fine to wait and see who becomes available, I'm saying you are dead wrong.

They should be trying to find 2 or 3 guys now and let them compete. There's a few XFL guys who showed some potential, the USFL has 1 or 2, and there's still that Japanese kicker with the big leg waiting for someone to pull the trigger. If your 3 guys battle it out and then someone better becomes available, make the move. Having little or no competition and then hoping like heck that someone better comes along is a bad plan. "Hope" is not a strategy, especially in team building.

Cool name-calling though. I was really impressed.
Not reading that, you are an overreaction drama queen, not king of any kind..don't ruin GOT buy plagiarizing the name.:thumbdown::muttley:

reddyuta

Reaction score
if we lose games because of the kicker its all on the Fo_Other teams are being pro active but we literally are not doing anything about it.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
if we lose games because of the kicker its all on the Fo_Other teams are being pro active but we literally are not doing anything about it.
Careful, Koolaidblood70 might accuse you of overreacting. We don't need a kicker and whoever we sign later on will be just fine.

blueblood70

Reaction score
again, all the best kickers already taken they have jobs the rest are all bunched together, stop overreacting. you and dramaqueenofthenorth need to hug each other maybe figure who wants to be big and little spoon and get over your night shakes 3 months before game 1 over a kicker. BTW Maher never cost us a game..hmm he was responsible for a few wins though. hmm no one wants him back 90% kicker, booming leg, great KOs the last 1.5 seasons..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
again, all the best kickers already taken they have jobs the rest are all bunched together, stop overreacting. you and dramaqueenofthenorth need to hug each other maybe figure who wants to be big and little spoon and get over your night shakes 3 months before game 1 over a kicker. BTW Maher never cost us a game..hmm he was responsible for a few wins though. hmm no one wants him back 90% kicker, booming leg, great KOs the last 1.5 seasons..

I can think of a few kicking options.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Like i said, many Ks who are available both NFL and outside sources really not many separate themselves, so what's the rush and mahers a good parachute if needed and fact he was a top 5 kicker last year. they will have some in TC and PS battling.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/kicker/

No doubt, but I think having some options in camp could be good. It looks like they're happy with Vizcaino. So, I'd have him compete with either Luis Aguilar from the USFL Philadelphia Stars and/or Koji Nosho from the Fujitsu Frontiers. I think it could be an intriguing competition.