3 year 25 million

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
3 year $25 million. Year 1, $5 mill bonus + $5 mill salary. Year 2 is $8 mill, combo of a bonus and salary, year 3 is $7 million, combo of bonus and salary.

Can someone explain to me why he TO will get 10 mill this year but the salary cap hit will only be around 7 mill. Im sorry I dont understand the salary cap very well.

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
Dough Boy said:
Randel El $11.5 MM sign on

TO $5MM signon.

First 3 years of Randle El's contract (less than $12M)

$10M bonus

2006- 585K

2007- 595K

2008- 820K

JPBallin21

Reaction score
CowboysNumeroUno said:
Can someone explain to me why he TO will get 10 mill this year but the salary cap hit will only be around 7 mill. Im sorry I dont understand the salary cap very well.

The 5 mill signing bonus is spread over 3 years. so like 1.677 is on our cap hit this year.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
CowboysNumeroUno said:

Because of the difference between a signing bonus and a roster bonus. The signing bonus will be spread out over a 5 year span

TheHustler

Reaction score
CowboysNumeroUno said:

Siging bonuses are prorated over the length of the deal. So you take the $5 million bonus he got, divide it by 3 (length of deal) and add that amount to his salary for that year to get the cap hit.

$5 / 2 = 1.6 + $5 (salary) = $6.6 year 1

Same for other years.

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Siging bonuses are prorated over the length of the deal. So you take the $5 million bonus he got, divide it by 3 (length of deal) and add that amount to his salary for that year to get the cap hit.

$5 / 2 = 1.6 + $5 (salary) = $6.6 year 1

Same for other years.

Alright thanks

Maxmadden

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:

$10M bonus

2006- 585K

2007- 595K

2008- 820K

I could care less what ARE's numbers are, do you think he could ever imagine what To's jock strap smells like.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:

$10M bonus

2006- 585K

2007- 595K

2008- 820K
but you can't cut him because of the high bounus number.

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
Dough Boy said:
but you can't cut him because of the high bounus number.

his 'bounus' is spread out over several years with regards to the salary cap, so the hit would not be severe

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
everybody is saying this is a good deal for dallas, but i really think we are overpaying...or overcommitting

i think 3 years is too long for a 32 soon to be 33 year old WR who has done nothing but caused problems

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
his 'bounus' is spread out over several years with regards to the salary cap, so the hit would not be severe
but you can't cut him or the bonus is not longer spread out.

wileedog

Reaction score
Future 585 said:
everybody is saying this is a good deal for dallas, but i really think we are overpaying...or overcommitting

i think 3 years is too long for a 32 soon to be 33 year old WR who has done nothing but caused problems

In TO's case, I'd rather overpay for a happy receiver than bargain shop and have him whine about money next year.

It will be worth it.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
I think Dallas got much more bang for the buck. Randle El is a little, slow, stone handed, lilliputian that Pittsburgh obviously didn't care to resign, while TO is an actual threat to catch the ball and score with it.

Reaction score
Jerry and Sons were brilliant for coming up with the contract structure, they covered the Cowboys A** big time! I'm just happy to see T.O. pairing up with Glenn, Crayton and Witten.