3rd & 14 ... WEAK !!!

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
On 3rd & 14, when we ran Marion Barber right, off tackle, it completely unmasked our conservative approach to the game.

After that, Suisham missed the FG, and we never looked the same ...

You have a high-octane offense, and a killer defense, and we played timid football all day long.

Sure you can lay a lot of blame on Bledsoe, but I think an equal amount of blame should be laid at the feet of the coaching staff.

That was a maddening experience!

:banghead:

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Have we forgotten who our HC is? This is HOW he calls games. He has since he's been here.

We were warned of this when he was hired.

ghosttown cowboy

Wyoming's #1 boys fan
Reaction score
I agree, BPs stubborness to establish the run no matter what just pisses mes off. You have to know at some point that you can't run the ball.

aznhalf

Reaction score
Yeah, that was the one play call that really stood out to me as poor. All the others I could live with, but that was just poor.

DMX690

Reaction score
Yeah, with the way Bledsoe was playing, there was a better chance of him throwing an int. Then u be bashing BP for letting Bledsoe throw. There're not many good plays for 3 and 14

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I didn't agree with the call but he was probably afraid of a sack knowing that if we lost any yards, Suisham would miss the FG by 30 yards.

Mansta54

Reaction score
BulletBob said:
On 3rd & 14, when we ran Marion Barber right, off tackle, it completely unmasked our conservative approach to the game.

You have a high-octane offense, and a killer defense, and we played timid football all day long.

Sure you can lay a lot of blame on Bledsoe, but I think an equal amount of blame should be laid at the feet of the coaching staff.

Ahh Bledsoe consistently missed open recievers all game long. The game plan wasn't conservative, Bledsoe just missed open guys. Another thing, when TO is 1 on 1 Bledsoe has to throw him the damn ball.. Bledsoe killed us today..

gbrittain

Reaction score
Horrible coaching today as well. Dallas is the biggest bend dont break team in the NFL on offense and defense.

We do not take it to the other team. We try to play safe, keep it close and hope we are the lucky ones at the end of the game.

This kind of coaching would make Jimmy puke.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
ghosttown cowboy said:
I agree, BPs stubborness to establish the run no matter what just pisses mes off. You have to know at some point that you can't run the ball.
We CAN run the ball, but he does it seemingly at wrong times.

I mean, JJ out-rushed the hyped Bush today.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
OQB Bullet Bob

THe play calling killed us. We looked totally unprepared. Matt Jones looked like a hall of famer.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
BulletBob said:

I totally agree.

That was the play i was most upset about. If that way too conservative play calling on offense doesn't stop, this will be a long long season for all of us.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BulletBob said:

Good post.