Twitter: 3rd and long stats since 2016

pansophy

Reaction score
And not only that but Dak's career 1st down rate in 3rd an 10+ is 21%.

I don't think there is anything stellar about that - it is pretty much an automatic punt.
I mean his numbers changed a lot when Cooper joined the team, so like anyone his production is dependent on the talent around him. Amari finally made defenses stop clogging the middle of the field, and I do think Dak started to turn the corner in seeing the field at the end of year 3. His new mechanics last year took it to a new level, and IMO he wasn't playing 100% the last half of the year because of his shoulder.

I'm not against paying him. We were going to trade up for Paxton Lynch but even in that we got out done. So we were incredibly fortunate there. I just don't like where this negotiation is headed. If Dak is fixated on a 4 year deal then if he plays on the tag that essentially means he isn't staying here long term else he should have just signed the 5 year deal in the first place.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Career 1st down % on 3rd and 10 plus

Mahomes - 35.9
Ben Roeth - 31.3
Marino - 30.5
P Manning - 29.2
D Brees - 29
Romo - 27.8
M Ryan 27.8
Brady 27.1
A Rodgers - 27
S Young - 26.9
Wentz - 23.8
R Wilson - 22.6
Prescott 21.3

Where are these numbers coming from?

Dre11

Reaction score
They definitely were. Dak/Zeke's rookie season, that was the reason they went 13-3... they kept the defense off the field. T.O.P. is huge.

exactly, and it worked