3rd and short mistakes

tvooz

Reaction score
do we have a qb sneak in the playbook? for heaven's sake it's a few inches

Doomsday101

Reaction score
tvooz;2495885 said:
do we have a qb sneak in the playbook? for heaven's sake it's a few inches

QB coming off a broken finger and playing with a back contusion you don't run the QB sneak

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
PLEASE someone tell Garrett that you can run a different running play than
I-set, Cricket at FB and handoff to the RB right up the middle. Everyone in America could call that play and the Giants, (just like the Steelers the week before), sold out to stop it.

:bang2:

dallas_112678

Reaction score
I wouldnt run a QB sneak like a poster said above coming off a broken finger and a back contusion. Also the Giants were killing Romo when Romo was dropping back away from them but you want him to now run into them? lol. Romo as we have seen is just to vital to risk like that, sure a QB sneak may have worked but there are other plays that also would have worked so why risk Romo?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2495955 said:
PLEASE someone tell Garrett that you can run a different running play than
I-set, Cricket at FB and handoff to the RB right up the middle. Everyone in America could call that play and the Giants, (just like the Steelers the week before), sold out to stop it.

:bang2:
Such as playaction pass to the FB?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
You'd like to think your best back can get you a yard. But I don't remember Garrett ever going long in that situation. I'm sure I've forgotten it but I just don't remember. That play is predictable. And when your back is hurt and you haven't done well running all day then you'd think we could get more creative.

Then again if it fails then people will say Garrett is a gunslinger with a gunslinger QB. Garrett can't win lately but I do agree that is too predictable.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I don't know why you don't leave the ball in the hands of your dangerous-when-on-the-move QB, let him roll out and make a play.

links18

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2496049 said:
I don't know why you don't leave the ball in the hands of your dangerous-when-on-the-move QB, let him roll out and make a play.

A roll out there would have been the perfect call (if it worked :laugh1: )

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
With THIS line, I'd rather run right with anybody than run left with Jim Brown.