3rd round pick for Sheldon Richardson?

cjlopez

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...ense-for-the-jets-to-trade-sheldon-richardson

this article seems to give the idea that people think the jets should've accepted what we offered last year for him and think they won't get more than a 3rd round pick for him. So would you guys do it?

I think it depends what happens on draft day plus this guy will probably want to get a new deal. I think he is a good player, but he would really need to be sign sealed and delivered to us before I think we will make the deal. I think he can make a solid player but do we want him to anchor out line because that what he will become or at least paid to be that.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait until after FA and the draft, or on draft day.

Dare I say it...Tony and their 3rd conditional to a 2nd for Richardson?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Im listening if they take a 4th. Im not giving up premium picks for a player who may either be a rental or a guy who will get a huge contract

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wait until after FA and the draft, or on draft day.

Dare I say it...Tony and their 3rd conditional to a 2nd for Richardson?
Romo straight up is fair IMO.

In fact I think that is an excellent trade. Highly benificial to both teams

John813

Reaction score
Where does he project at? 3-Tech? 1-tech? DE?

Not saying we have a legit stud in Collins, but he flashed some potential last year and now will have a full NFL offseason.

Sheldon will carry a 8.1m cap hit, wants to get paid and has off and on the field issues.

While I know SR can be a force at times, Miami fan as well, I don't think it's worth giving up a pick and then possibly giving him a huge contract to stay.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...ense-for-the-jets-to-trade-sheldon-richardson

this article seems to give the idea that people think the jets should've accepted what we offered last year for him and think they won't get more than a 3rd round pick for him. So would you guys do it?
Why not just sign a free agent? He only has 1-year year on his contract.

Good teams are not built by spending both cap dollars and draft picks on the same player. If you trade draft picks for players that require large contracts, you'll be in cap trouble quickly. Draft picks are how team manage the salary cap because draft picks have reasonable salaries on their rookie contracts.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where does he project at? 3-Tech? 1-tech? DE?

Not saying we have a legit stud in Collins, but he flashed some potential last year and now will have a full NFL offseason.

Sheldon will carry a 8.1m cap hit, wants to get paid and has off and on the field issues.

While I know SR can be a force at times, Miami fan as well, I don't think it's worth giving up a pick and then possibly giving him a huge contract to stay.

Richardson would be a 3-tech. The Cowboys basically have a 3-man rotation at DT with the 4th guy getting a small number of snaps. Collins played mostly 3-tech but did play some 1-tech in 2016. In obvious passing situations, both DTs basically play as a 3-tech. It would work to have Richardson, Collins and a true 1-tech in the 3-man rotation.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
No thanks. Don't want to pick up his contract and lose a 3rd rounder for a guy that refused to show up to meetings and acted that terribly the entire season.

A guy like that only responds when he has no way out and/or he's already hit rock bottom. He works for a team like the Patriots because he knows they will cut him and can afford to lose a draft pick and some cap space.

While the Hardy deal didn't work out, that's the type of contract we need with somebody like Richardson....very incentive based and no draft picks given up.

YR