4a(128) Trayveon Williams, RB, Texas A&M
6_8036156.jpg

4b(136) David Long, LB, West Virginia
8609463.jpg

5(165) Kendall Sheffield, CB, Ohio State
24140295-standard.jpg

7(241) Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor
Hurd_Jalen_TwistingCatch_GI_.5b967f9bdd69c.jpg

Although we haven't been linked to him through an official visit, Savage fits what Kris Richard looks for in a safety. Living up to his last name. Savage is a ferocious tackler and flies around when he recognizes the play (SEE BALL, ATTACK BALL). He needs to improve his deep coverage skills, but has the speed (4.36 40) to make up ground quickly. Knox is the perfect TE for the Cowboys as they bring in Jason Witten for another run. He possesses great size and all of the tools, but needs time to develop, especially as a route runner. Who better to learn from than Witten? Williams should serve as nice complementary back-up for Ezekiel Elliott. He is not a home run threat, but should be able to be effective in a limited role and unlike most rookie running backs, he is a solid pass blocker which brings value on downs Zeke will most likely be needing a breather. Long reminds me of my favorite type of player to coach; a guy who is best described as just a "football player." He doesn't have great size or even great athletic numbers, but he is always around the ball. He explodes into tackles and is a fearless gap blitzer. If the Cowboys can get him snaps at WILL (typically unaccounted in blocking), he should have plenty of opportunities to make plays. Sheffield was one of my favorite prospects coming into the season, and many believe he would have ran the fastest 40 at the Combine had he not injured himself when benching. Blessed with great speed (he broke OSU's 60-meter dash indoor record with a time of 6.663 seconds) and athletic traits, he needs to improve his footwork and technique. With Byron Jones and Anthony Brown in contract years, it's worthy gamble on Sheffield's overall athleticism, giving Richard a year to get him ready. The Cowboys have been linked to Hurd recently and although they are deep at WR, look at him as an "offensive weapon". He spent his first few years as a running back at Tennessee, and contemplated a move to tight end, before transferring to Baylor and moving to wide receiver. Blessed with great size (6'4" and 230 lbs), he is most dangerous with the ball in his hands. (775 total touches over 4 years in college, including 48 carries last year at Baylor). If Offensive Coordinator Kellen Moore plans on motioning players around and creating mismatches, Hurd is the guy to do it with.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Although I would have like to pick up another d-lineman I’d be happy with that haul.

Last edited:

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
I love Savage, just don't get the impression he's what we're looking for. I'd be really happy with this draft though.

RamziD

Reaction score
Don’t like Williams or Sheffield at all, ok with the rest