Reaction score
I'd rather
1st jalen Ramsey
2nd Kevin Dodd or josh doctson
2nd Trade up for Vernon butler or Kenny Clark dt
4th devonte booker or dion jones

Craig

Reaction score
If dallas picks up hackenberg even as a udfa, i will be disappointed. Drafting him in the third would be vomit inducing.

bodi

Reaction score
Sign me up. And Ridgeway is icing on the cake.

don't know what you see in Ridgeway

Conditioning has been an issue in the past. Plays hard, but gasses so may need plenty of rotational help. Despite athleticism, range as playmaker is a little limited. Will momentarily lose track of the ball when trying to impose his will on blocker in front of him. Stops flowing outside with play when looking back inside looking to make a play. Hounded by nagging injuries for much of the year. Was hindered by a back issue that arose before the season and then a shoulder injury later. Production didn?t always match the talent on the tape.

bodi

Reaction score
Sign me up. And Ridgeway is icing on the cake.

from a UT fan and Ridgeway is talented, but man he just disappeared for entire games at UT, on top of that his interviews at the combine were apparently very bad.

bodi

Reaction score
whose to say Tunsil is not drafted by the chagers ?

Sydla

Reaction score
Wasn't exposed much 2 years ago. And I would say we have a much more talented defense already since 2014

2014 was an aberration for that defense, especially when you look at the peripheral and more advanced stats.

If the plan is to just build a run heavy offense and not invest in the defense, this is only a fringe playoff team with no real hopes of making any noise. The defense can't be what we see now and think you can contend for a SB.

garyv

Reaction score
4: R1P4
OT LAREMY TUNSIL
OLE MISS

Top 3 picks went Goff, Wentz, Ramsey. I'm not sold on Bosa ever being more than a good run stopper and I can't justify spending the 4th pick on a DE who I don't believe will ever be a good rusher. I can find journeymen in FA to do the same job. Tunsil is the best OT prospect in the last 5 years and increases the chances of Romo staying upright in his twilight years. The way we'd be able to control the LOS would be legendary, if we want to try and make on last run at a SB in the Romo era, this is our best ticket. Lean on this line to carry you.

34: R2P3
RB DERRICK HENRY
ALABAMA

To piggy back off the justification of the Tunsil selection, Henry provides the hammer to pound defenses into submission. Again, this selection is being made with the thought of A. What do I do well as a team B. How can I employ that strategy into creating a contender. When it gets late in the season and the cold weather comes, defenses will tap out before that final whistle. The one knock on Henry is he's not a great creator... Good thing he won't have to worry about that beind this line. Will quickly become a secondary's worst nightmare.

67: R3P4
QB CHRISTIAN HACKENBERG
PENN STATE

I need to start trying to find a successor for Romo, and it looks like we may have to start that process somewhere in the middle rounds this year. While Hackenberg has some warts to his game, he also has plenty of the tools you look for in a prototypical pocket passer. I certainly like him more than the other options that are available at this stage of the draft and creating such a QB friendly environment up front eases the development process of any QB I select.

101: R4P3
DT HASSAN RIDGEWAY
TEXAS

135: R4P37
OLB JAYLON SMITH
NOTRE DAME

Want happen but wouldn't be upset if it did !!!

Sydla

Reaction score
The bust factor on Henry and Hackenberg being off the charts makes this a potentially awful draft.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
4: R1P4
OT LAREMY TUNSIL
OLE MISS

Top 3 picks went Goff, Wentz, Ramsey. I'm not sold on Bosa ever being more than a good run stopper and I can't justify spending the 4th pick on a DE who I don't believe will ever be a good rusher. I can find journeymen in FA to do the same job. Tunsil is the best OT prospect in the last 5 years and increases the chances of Romo staying upright in his twilight years. The way we'd be able to control the LOS would be legendary, if we want to try and make on last run at a SB in the Romo era, this is our best ticket. Lean on this line to carry you.

34: R2P3
RB DERRICK HENRY
ALABAMA

To piggy back off the justification of the Tunsil selection, Henry provides the hammer to pound defenses into submission. Again, this selection is being made with the thought of A. What do I do well as a team B. How can I employ that strategy into creating a contender. When it gets late in the season and the cold weather comes, defenses will tap out before that final whistle. The one knock on Henry is he's not a great creator... Good thing he won't have to worry about that beind this line. Will quickly become a secondary's worst nightmare.

67: R3P4
QB CHRISTIAN HACKENBERG
PENN STATE

I need to start trying to find a successor for Romo, and it looks like we may have to start that process somewhere in the middle rounds this year. While Hackenberg has some warts to his game, he also has plenty of the tools you look for in a prototypical pocket passer. I certainly like him more than the other options that are available at this stage of the draft and creating such a QB friendly environment up front eases the development process of any QB I select.

101: R4P3
DT HASSAN RIDGEWAY
TEXAS

135: R4P37
OLB JAYLON SMITH
NOTRE DAME

You can't justify Tunsil because we plan to go all in with Romo and then spend a third on a backup QB and a 4th on a guy that will redshirt. Completely inconsistent thinking

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Love the idea of first 2 picks, but rest of draft needs to be dedicated to defense especially 3rd and 4th rounds.

Yes, let's go all defense later. Then we get to hear the usual "we just draft special teams players" whining.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If we add Tunsil and Henry, our offense is pretty much unstoppable with any QB.

Only to lose in the fourth quarter when the other team gets the ball last.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Lol, I don't know if it would be considered the best use of resources, but that would o-line pushing out holes for Henry would certainly be fun to watch.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Rounds 2 and 3 kill it for me. I don't get the Henry love. I don't see a difference maker at the NFL level. He takes a while to get going, he doesn't break many tackles, and he doesn't make defenders miss. I just don't see him as a value in the top 60 picks or so. I think Alex Collins goes on to have a better career.

Hackenberg feels like a reach in the early 3rd. That wouldn't be a major issue, except that we didn't address the defense with the first two picks.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
2014 was an aberration for that defense, especially when you look at the peripheral and more advanced stats.

If the plan is to just build a run heavy offense and not invest in the defense, this is only a fringe playoff team with no real hopes of making any noise. The defense can't be what we see now and think you can contend for a SB.

Can't build a run heavy offense with 2 guys that NOBODY wants and that are past their prime. Also I never said to disregard the defense completely. If you go RB and get Zeke you could use the whole rest of the draft on d.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Yes, let's go all defense later. Then we get to hear the usual "we just draft special teams players" whining.

I'd rather draft D every round but it doesn't change the fact that the first 2 picks in his mock were extremely high value picks. I am not so married to my own preferences that I can't admit to that.