4-2 isnt all that bad

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Ultra Warrior;2332525 said:
Ummm we stay at #3 in the Division. That's not exactly "Good". We had a shot today to take over the #2 spot once the Skins lost & we couldn't get it done. Granted there's still 10 games to go to get this going in the RIGHT direction, we DO have tougher games coming up & if we continue to play like THIS, it will be a lot HARDER to turn things around.

2nd or 3rd at this time in the season when both are 4-2 is pretty irrelevant.

I do hope the Browns pull the upset tomorrow though as I wouldn't want to be 1.5 behind the Giants

Boysboy

Reaction score
MrKennedyKennedy;2332543 said:
I think this could be a slap in the face of cold, hard reality.

Last year, Dallas got fat and happy on that insane winning streak from early October to mid December.

This year, Dallas was probably still a little bloated from all that winning last year.

Sometimes, a cold, hard slap in the face is necessary.

Think of the 1992 loss to Atlanta or the 1995 loss to Washington.

Same thing happened to Tampa in '02-they struggled a bit in Dec, including a thumping at home to Pitt on Mon Night, and the Pitt players rubbed it in them when all was said and done.

Or Pitt in '05-prior to their big run, they were coming off a 3 game losing streak, including getting swept by rival Cincy.

Or Indy in '06-they gave up 375 yards rushing in one game alone in Dec. At that point, the pundits were saying, "If only Peyton Manning could be defense, he would have a few rings by now".

Or the Giants in '07-that cat had like 9 lives before all was said and done.

Boysboy

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2332556 said:
2nd or 3rd at this time in the season when both are 4-2 is pretty irrelevant.

I do hope the Browns pull the upset tomorrow though as I wouldn't want to be 1.5 behind the Giants

Overall-not a good weekend for the NFCE. The red-hot Skins lose to the worst team in football at home. The Eagles needed JT O'Sullivan to pull a Sage Rosenfels to beat the lowly Niners, otherwise, they didn't look very good. And, of course, we looked awful.

Who knows what the Giants have in store for tomorrow night? The Browns have had an extra week to prepare, they're healthier, etc.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
SquiggDoggs;2331633 said:
Look at the standings...cowboys 4-2 record is tied for second in the NFC...all will be fine.

your complacent attitude makes me sick.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
windward;2332591 said:
A bit sensitive?

We'll see who is sensitive in January. I'll make sure I pull up this exact quote when Dallas is bounced from the playoffs.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2332616 said:
We'll see who is sensitive in January. I'll make sure I pull up this exact quote when Dallas is bounced from the playoffs.
You'll sure show me.

I think you would take more pleasure in losing in the playoffs so you can say "I told you so" rather than us winning in the playoffs.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2332616 said:

That's right. Rather than simply suffering the sting of disappointment with the rest of us, you can fall back on the "I told you so" recourse and, at the very least, gain some measure of satisfaction in berating your fellow fans.

SquiggDoggs

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2332589 said:
your complacent attitude makes me sick.

Okay you made me say it...ITS ONLY A GAME...get over yourself...the only good thing about a loss is knowing that the overly obsessed people on this board won't be able to sleep all because of a game...be like the rest of us normal people and take it for what it is...a game...perhaps you should stop watching sports if it makes you this upset.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
SquiggDoggs;2332627 said:
Okay you made me say it...ITS ONLY A GAME...get over yourself...the only good thing about a loss is knowing that the overly obsessed people on this board won't be able to sleep all because of a game...be like the rest of us normal people and take it for what it is...a game...perhaps you should stop watching sports if it makes you this upset.

I think this is a good point for all fans to remember. Look, I hate losing as much as the next guy, but you have to keep things in perspective.

I have friends that have lost their jobs, had their mortgages forclosed on, and some have lost 1/3rd of their retirement accounts in this economic meltdown.

I guess that is why that I really wasnt upset at the loss today. Last year I punched a hole in a sheetrock wall after we lost to the G-men, after the game tonight I went out to dinner with my family.

The game today just didnt feel that important anymore.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I'm pretty optimistic, but we look like a wild card team for sure; moreover, it will not be easy getting a spot. It is going to be a dog fight in order to just make the playoffs.

This team is very talented, but they do have some issues.

Can Phillips tell Garrett during a game to protect Romo inside his own redzone with the play calling and make some conservative play calls in scoring position, especially in a game like the one Dallas just lost?

Can he tell him to get Felix Jones the football?

Garrett is being paid big money, and he is the coach in waiting. Can Phillips control Garrett's and Romo's desire to push the ball down the field? Sometimes, they need to be checked. I think they both get carried away at times. Sometimes, a liittle conservative play calling can be smart. The defense played very well in the first half, and some field goals in that game would have been the difference.

If Wade doesn't do it, who will?

Throwing the ball to T.O. 19 times against the Commanders and giving Felix Jones 0 touches on offense was not very smart.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
CATCH17;2331723 said:
Its not about being 4-2.

We are better than a 4-2 team.

The problem lies within this team playing with emotion and they aren't.

If they want to go through the motions and hope to win in the NFL than they are headed for a 10-6 season.

We have to play with more passion. It aint scheme, it aint talent. Its heart and desire.

We look way to flat right now. Enthusiasm is needed.

yes because scheme and talent are completely useless when you have all he heart and desire in the world...