5 Lions- Okudah
6 Chargers- Herbert
7 Panthers- Simmons
8 Cardinals- Becton
9 Jags- Brown
10 Browns- Thomas
11 Jets- Jeudy
12 Raiders- Lamb
13 Cowboys trade up with 9ers- Picks 17 and 82(350) for 13 and 156(347)
With the 13th pick the Dallas Cowboys select: Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina- Cowboys trade up and get a corner stone defensive player. Kinlaw reminds me a lot of Chris Jones, the type of guy to build a defense around.

51- Noah Igbinoghene CB Auburn- Former WR that is a great athlete and plays with a physical attitude. Only 2 years at CB so far making him an ascending prospect with a high ceiling.

Cowboys trade up with Raiders- Trysten Hill, 179, and 2021 4th for pick 91. Almost sounds comical, but with the amount of former Cowboys the Raiders have already acquired it only makes sense for them to complete the process with Hill. Hill + a 5th and future 4th is pretty good value for their 3rd pick in the 3rd round.

91- Van Jefferson WR Florida- Stud slot WR that kind of reminds me of Jarvis Landry. Will make a perfect complementary WR to our current group.

123- Ben Bredeson OG Michigan- 4 year starter and 2 year captain for Michigan. Not a sexy athlete but solid all around and should be able to compete for a starting spot early.

156- Geno Stone S Iowa- Wish he was a little taller and .5 secs faster, but hes a very smart player and solid tacker. Excels in a zone where he can read the QB's eyes and react on the ball.

164- Shaun Bradley LB Temple- Hard nosed LB with good athleticism and enough size. Should make a good special teamer with potential for more as a MIKE.

231- Charlie Taumoepeau H-Back Portland St- Tough kid with good size and decent athleticism. I can see a Olawale type of role

JBS

Reaction score
I don't love giving up a third...I wouldn't hate it, but I'd prefer not to do it

tm1119

Reaction score
Kinlaw’s knee is a problem. Can’t see trading up for that.

Do you have the medicals? Because I’ve seen nothing that makes him a red flag. He had some knee tendinitis at the senior bowl but was supposed to be ready for a full pro day participation. Aka he was being cautious leading up to the draft, as he should

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
That's a pretty good first three picks, considering giving up a third. I'd be happy with this, even though I covet the WRs.

Creeper

Reaction score
There is a good chance Kinlaw drops to the Cowboys at 17 now. Teams will not get to work him out, he didn't compete at the combine, and he didn't play in the Sr. Bowl. This makes him a big question mark.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
There is a good chance Kinlaw drops to the Cowboys at 17 now. Teams will not get to work him out, he didn't compete at the combine, and he didn't play in the Sr. Bowl. This makes him a big question mark.

Yep, and I think if he's there, we pull the trigger. Dallas has shown over and over again that they're willing to throw the dice on talented high-risk players.

morasp

Reaction score
I've been taking Jefferson in the third lately he looks like he could contribute in year one.

tm1119

Reaction score

His tape speaks more than enough for itself, no one needed to see him at the senior bowl or the combine. He was at the combine so he would have went through the medicals to get that knee checked. There has been 0 news about the knee so far and I have no idea why people are speculating that it’s bad. From all reports he was just being cautious and would have been a full go at his pro day.

Hopefully you’re right and he falls to 17, but I seriously doubt that.

morasp

Reaction score
His tape speaks more than enough for itself, no one needed to see him at the senior bowl or the combine. He was at the combine so he would have went through the medicals to get that knee checked. There has been 0 news about the knee so far and I have no idea why people are speculating that it’s bad. From all reports he was just being cautious and would have been a full go at his pro day.

I thought I heard his medicals were clean at the combine. They usually do a retest before the draft but I don't this year.

tm1119

Reaction score
I thought I heard his medicals were clean at the combine. They usually do a retest before the draft but I don't this year.

I actually don’t see anything about his medical checks at the combine...take it how you want, but I’m taking that as a good thing. I think we would have heard by now if a top 15 pick was a medical red flag.

Creeper

Reaction score

I have posted about this before. I don't think there is anything seriously wrong with his knees. But there was nothing wrong with LVE's neck yet I read a few teams were cautious about drafting him. From what I read, LVE got a stinger and decided to wear that neck brace thing for his final few games in college. Some teams saw that and wondered if the neck was an issue. He was examined at the combine and doctors gave him a 4 (out of 5) which means he was healthy. They did not ask for any follow-up examines which means there were no lingering health issues or concerns about chronic conditions. When Kinlaw chose to sit out the Senior Bowl, I think because he had so dominated practices that he did not want to risk his stature by playing, the rumors about knee problems started popping up, in much the same way the rumors about LVE popped up. This is my conjecture of course. But I am hoping a few teams are concerned enough to let him slide to the Cowboys.