4/21- Who's Your Pick?

reddyuta

Reaction score
talk about worse case scenario-it will never happen though but if it did then try your hardest to trade back but if we have to pick i would go with Mims, Kingsley suamataia or Guyton in that order.JPJ is a no for me because of injury and concussion history.Its a same because i really liked him but we cant take that risk with so many holes all over the roster.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd see them moving back maybe 4/5 spots, pick up lower trade value than anybody else , then take the BYU OT.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Dane Brugler-

"The medicals will be important after he battled multiple injuries, including groin and hip issues in 2023 along with multiple concussions over his career."
Thank you for providing a source. Guess my issue is that for a guy that has battled injuries, how did he start every game his senior season? That just doesn't really mesh with the description of a guy battling many injuries. Particularly when he performed at such a high level. I mean, this guy's draft stock is built on his game and not his test numbers cuz quite frankly he looked like Quasimodo out there running around in shorts.

Oh well. Again, thanks for the update.

John813

Reaction score
You guys do realize JPJ is one concussion away from retirement right.

Just rub some dirt into it and keep playing.

It's a fair thing to consider. Jaelen Phillips "retired" at UCLA due to concussions and I'm sure dropped a bit in the draft due to those concerns.
As far as I know, no head issues yet in the NFL and he's entering year 4.

tm1119

Reaction score
Dane Brugler-

"The medicals will be important after he battled multiple injuries, including groin and hip issues in 2023 along with multiple concussions over his career."
That doesn’t read “might have to retire” like some are making it out be.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
In this situation, I am picking Mims by a mile.

JPJ would be up next, assuming his medicals are OK. I see him as one of the best centers in the past 10 years, but honestly, his value is not close to Mims.

I got thinking the other day... you can draw a rough parallel for Mims with Evan Neal, as mega-sized SEC right tackles. I think that Mims has better film than Neal, and Neal went #7 overall.

Last edited:

Nemesis4u

Reaction score
Just rub some dirt into it and keep playing.

It's a fair thing to consider. Jaelen Phillips "retired" at UCLA due to concussions and I'm sure dropped a bit in the draft due to those concerns.
As far as I know, no head issues yet in the NFL and he's entering year 4.
Think centers are one of the last positions you want to have concussion issues but who knows.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
In this situation, I am picking Mims by a mile.

JPJ would be up next, assuming his medicals are OK. I see him as one of the best centers in the past 10 years, but honestly, his value is not close to Mims.

I got thinking the other day... you can draw a rough parallel for Mims with Evan Neal, as mega-sized SEC right tackles. I think that Mims has better film than Neal, and Neal went #7 overall.
Potential high ceiling but the guy has only started like 8 games and at RT, correct? Not to mention he didn't finish what were possibly the two biggest moments of this past year for him - SEC Championship game and the combine. Bow out on both occasions due to injury. Multiple ankle injuries, one requiring tightrope surgery, and missing 6 games this past season. It was almost as if he was trying to make it difficult for us to find tape on him.

I get it though. The limited tape looks good and measurables are off the charts. I'm definitely sending him off the bus first. Just makes me wonder if he's football's version of Zion Williamson. When Zion had his first knee injury, I really wondered if that was a sign of things to come given his mass and the explosiveness with which he played. But, at draft time the Pelicans were basically dared to pick anyone but him cuz if you passed on him and this guy played to his potential, you'd be the laughing stock of the league. I kind of feel that way about Mims. If he's there @ 24, are the Cowboys basically being dared to NOT pick him?

Quasimodo Powers-Johnson's noggin, Mims' bird ankles, T-Rex Morgan's baby arms...all of them good players, but none of them locks. Going to be interesting.