4 Games In, Do You Think The Cowboys Are Legit Super bowl Contenders

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Four games in the Chiefs are 2-2. Did the Bucs look like SB contenders four games into last season?

There's a long way to go, for everyone, but I'd rather be 3-1 than 1-3. Beat the Giants to make it 4-1.

Scotman

Reaction score
If you want to win the Superbowl, you have to beat the Giants next. The team will need to stay focused and continue to build on where they are at. Defense doesn't have to be all-pro in order to win. But they have to be better in December and January than they are in October. The same can be said for the offense.

Every time we've ever won anything significant, we were building momentum throughout the year.

We are a contender right now. But if we don't build from today forward, we'll be watching the big game from home.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This team looks like it’s going to get dismantled by a competent run game just likes the rams in the playoff game to me so far.
They are solid. Yet the Boys are not in the strata of the Bugs, Rams, Seattle, Arizona ... even Browns, Ravens, Fackers and Titans once they get rolling.
But if we can stay healthy ....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think they are a contender to be a contender lol.
It is too early to say any team is a serious contender for SB.
Even TB and chiefs are looking suspect right now.
Maybe after 7-8 games we can say who is a contender or not.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
No….here’s why.

1) defense still finding its legs

2) poor special teams

3) average coaching

plasticman

Reaction score
Four games in is too early to make that declaration. i would be more comfortable answering that question after, say, 8-10 games.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
It;s a Koolaid River here.

Ask this same question in mid-January for a more concise and logical answer. A thousand different scenarios (or more) could play out by then.

Is it to early in the morning to start drankin'?

kevm3

Reaction score
Due to our explosive offense, I feel like we can hang with any team in the league. I just need to see more from the defense. I love all the turnovers we're getting, but what happens in a game where we don't get a turnover? When you take away the turnovers, our defense looks serviceable, but not particularly impressive.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We definitely are NFC championship contenders.

Let’s knock that door down first. Then we will see.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But we’ve already shown we can hang with the Champs.

We shall see in week 11 If we can hang with the Chiefs. We beat who just beat the Chiefs.

So I think we could argue as of week 5 we are contenders .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d say Cardinals, Rams, Bucs, Packers , Seahawks and Cowboys are all serious contenders in NFC at this point.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Playoff contenders yes. Superbowl contenders - not really.
Dallas getting through Cards, Bucs, and Rams as well as figure out Seahawks, and Packers.................I just haven't seen enough of the Cowboys this year to believe they could run that gauntlet.

Not to mention who they would end up getting in the SB.

I am not saying they couldn't get to that level. Not saying they couldn't peak at the right time. Just saying that if you asked me right now --- I don't think they have proven they are ready to be a SB contender.

Aftershock

Reaction score
No. We haven’t been truly tested yet. I will say that we are a divisional playoff team without a doubt. But they haven’t shown me enough to prove they are legit SB contenders

- Barely beat a good Chargers team, and we got lucky calls
- Should’ve blown out a weak Panthers team that didn’t have Cmac

if we beat the chiefs and patriots I will be sold

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Need to see more. We've played decent teams but it's a long season. Tampa didn't look to even make the playoffs at near mid season then they took off. We've already lost to one of the best nfc teams, we need to show we can beat them to contend.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
There isn’t a dominant team in the NFL this year.

We are in the mix.

JustChip

Reaction score
This isn’t your father’s NFL anymore, the best offense in each conference almost always makes it to at least the conference title game these days regardless of how good their defense is.

And the Giants had 230 total yards that day, Eli was sacked three times and they were 3 for 9 on third down. They crossed midfield on offense only twice, the other was a punt return into Dallas territory. Outside of the missed tackle resulting in a 50 yard TD to Toomer and the two minute drive before the half they did absolutely nothing all day. The defense was perfectly fine. The issue was the Giants pressured Romo on 19 of 39 drop backs and caused him to go 18 for 36 with two sacks. Even then, they still win the game if Patrick Crayton doesn’t choke twice in the second half.
Spot on. The Giants consistently brought extra rushers and the Cowboys never made them pay so they kept on keeping on.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With about 25% of the season played…there’s a reason the playoff start in January. It’s way too early to tell. Lots of encouraging signs. I’m just enjoying the ride each week.