4 out of our last 5 losses... NFC East opponents

dre1614

Reaction score
Nexx;2296312 said:
NFC east defensive coaches have Garrett figured out. Washington, as simple as they run theirs, had a much more creative game plan. Short slants, screens, intermediate routes, deep routes, quick outs... pretty much everything in the kitchen. Everyone know Garrett is in love with intermediate to deep passing game.

ummm Philly game...............

also I didn't know if you watched the 2nd half but Garrett called a lot of short slants, and crossing routes.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
bbailey423;2296049 said:
Not good. Simply not good.

We werent trying to win the Philly game at the end of the season last year or the Commanders game either.....

peplaw06;2296130 said:
Considering over the past 21 games we're 5-4 against the East, it doesn't sound so bad. And it means that outside of the division we are great.

........ so that 5-4 could easily be 7-2 if we needed those games

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
YoMick;2296318 said:
We werent trying to win the Philly game at the end of the season last year or the Commanders game either.....

........ so that 5-4 could easily be 7-2 if we needed those games
we were not trying to win the Philly game? What game were you watching? And why would try to lose to Philly at home?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2296281 said:
welcome to my ignore list 1st person I ever ignored on a message board take a bow.
not sure what you mean....and not interested in making you happy

Nexx

Reaction score
dre1614;2296316 said:
ummm Philly game...............

also I didn't know if you watched the 2nd half but Garrett called a lot of short slants, and crossing routes.

hence we score a bazillion points!!

watch the game yesterday

Cali_Skins

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2296256 said:
Huh?

We lost the Eagles and the Commanders last year when they were irrelevant games

won the first four, 1-1 this year

Playoff doesn't count

ergo we are 5-3 in last eight

Playoffs don't count? That has been the Cowboys motto for the past 12 years, but the rest of the NFL sees it differently.

The same Cowboys team showed up against the Eagles and Commanders games in December that showed up in the Giants playoff game with the same basic results in all 3 games.

dre1614

Reaction score
Cali_Skins;2296585 said:
Playoffs don't count? That has been the Cowboys motto for the past 12 years, but the rest of the NFL sees it differently.

The same Cowboys team showed up against the Eagles and Commanders games in December that showed up in the Giants playoff game with the same basic results in all 3 games.

why did you leave out the eagles game this year?

Cali_Skins

Reaction score
dre1614;2296596 said:
why did you leave out the eagles game this year?

I didn't. Cowboys are 1-4 versus the NFCE in their last 5 games. I was replying to the post that stated that 3 of the losses did not count and pointed out those losses. No one was questioning or ignoring the W against the Eagles this year or the L to the Skins this year.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Playoffs are a different animal. You can't say it was an NFCE loss as you are trying to make out.

I also don't think you can just start counting last December. If you want to be fair, you have to go back to beginning of last year if you are going to use any of last year.

In that case, we are 5-4 if you include the playoffs and 5-3 if you don't.