#4 pick; last 12 years

Spectre

Reaction score
And there isn't one thats worthy of the 4th pick. People realize it but Treadwell is not even close to being worthy of the 4th pick.

Maybe not, but you have to ask yourself if he's worth any of the next 28 picks, too, because that's how many there will be before you get to choose again. As someone above described, Hopkins was chosen #27... Was he worth a #4? Yes. No doubt. Others might have laughed at the time (if Hopkins was picked #4) but he has become a more dominant player than just about anyone selected before him that year. Drafting is all speculation. I don't think Treadwell is Hopkins- not at all. But he will likely be a better player than current draftniks have him projected to be. Of course, a trade down- pick up another 2nd or 3rd and Treadwell- is ideal.

Spectre

Reaction score
The purpose of this thread was just to show the varied results produced by the #4 pick in the draft. The more I think about it, though, the more I like trading back to the middle of the first (12-15) with some team in love with Elliot or Tunsil or something... and us drafting Treadwell plus picking up an additional 2nd and 3rd or 4th. Now we're talking. Will never happen.

Spectre

Reaction score
How so? If anything this offense is severely lacking in speed.

Possession receivers who can catch trump speedy receivers who can't.
Speed is nice, but it's a bonus not a necessity.
I'd field 3 Jason Wittens before I'd field 3 Heyward-Beys... and win all day, every Sunday.
Treadwell has adequate speed.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's face it, the need for another WR is considerable but the defense is too ineffective to overlook early. Hopefully, a good WR will turn up in the mid round range.

conner01

Reaction score
Ideally, we trade down and get Treadwell, imo. Is exactly what this offense/Romo needs.

I'd like a WR but not in first rnd. There are no standout stars in this draft. There is some guy I like, one being Shepard. But not at 4

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Take Ramsey or trade the Tunsil pick. It's a deep draft in solid players. You should get 4-5 starters-solid contributors this draft at least.

I agree with taking Ramsey or selling Tunsil.

4-5 year 1 contributors from a draft is not just a homerun but a grand slam.

I'd love for it to happen but I won't hold my breath.

Sydla

Reaction score
2004: #4 Philip Rivers QB
2005: #4 Cedric Benson RB
2006: #4 D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT
2007: #4 Gaines Adams DE
2008: #4 Darren McFadden RB
2009: #4 Aaron Curry LB
2010: #4 Trent Williams OT
2011: #4 A.J. Green WR
2012: #4 Matt Kalil OT
2013: #4 Lane Johnson OT
2014: #4 Sammy Watkins WR
2015: #4 Amari Cooper WR

*Looks to me like a hot spot to take the best WR off the board. No one's talking about it and Dallas would never do it (unfortunately).

There's no WR worthy of the 4th pick.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ideally, we trade down and get Treadwell, imo. Is exactly what this offense/Romo needs.

We need someone that can stretch the middle of the field.

Beasley and Witten don't do that and I don't think Treadwell does either. Maybe i'm wrong.

This offense needs Jimmy Graham lol.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Cowboys trade now, making 4-12 season all for nothing

That makes no sense. They get more picks for the higher pick. I do agree that trading down for 3 or 4 solid guys might not be the best answer if you're passing up a playmaker. But is Ramsey a playmaker?