4 Reasons the Cowboys Should Sign DeMarco Murray

pancakeman

Reaction score
I don't think Murray is a right fit for the present team, but you can't view the need for a quality backup as if his only role is to take snaps away from the healthy starter. Aside from the fact every player can benefit from at least a few plays off here and there, backups are there to step in when players get hurt.
Or suspended.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
No no no and no. Murray is an every other year RB. Been that way since his first year. I don't know what you would consider last year for him but if it was an off year then this could POSSIBLY an on year. No. He wouldn't see the field here unless Zeke gets (bite my =tongue) injured and we have backups for that. Sorry D Murray, you went for big bucks, good luck to ya. Bad karma bud

CPanther95

Reaction score
The only way they'd sign a player past his prime, that would have retired, is if he played defense.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I'm not clinging to past glory, I realize DeMarco isn't the same guy he was in 2014.
Here is 4 ways that DeMarco could make a difference:
Here's one reason we shouldn't had he not decided to hang up his cleats. In '16 with the Titans, he suffered a knee injury during an unproductive '17. That said, give me AP instead.

plasticman

Reaction score
Dear Mr. Murray,

Thank you for your ipeccable timing as well.

However, I assure you, I require no assistance when it comes to embarresing myself in the Fan Zone. I am confident that I have the backing of the majority of posters on this forum when I say I do it quite often.

irishline

Reaction score
Here's one reason we shouldn't had he not decided to hang up his cleats. In '16 with the Titans, he suffered a knee injury during an unproductive '17. That said, give me AP instead.

I know he retired and this is not a Murray defense reply but...

If Murray was unproductive in 2017 with 659 yards, 6 TD's and 3.6 ypc

What the hell was AP with 529 yards, 2 TD's and 3.4 ypc?

I don't get how one washed up RB can be called unproductive but you want to sign one who is just as washed up at this point. At least Murray managed to have a carry longer than 25 yards all last season.

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Watch out! Here comes Demarco Murray...

tenor.gif