$441 in survival gear will get you through the Mayan Apocalypse

Doomsday101

Reaction score
With one week to go before the end comes here are some niffty things you need. :laugh2:

Are you ready for the coming apocalypse? You might want to take a trip to Target and be prepared.

Even though we’re been hearing about the Mayan Apocalypse on December 21, 2012, for the past decade -- and reading an equal number of stories debunking the threats and hype -- few of us are actually ready for it. Why not be prepared, should the end of the world arrive? For only $441, this kit includes everything you need to start a fire, cook on a stove, wash your clothes, and even keep your iPhone running.

1. Kikkerland Survival Tool, $18
Here’s everything you need in one compact gadget. This survival tool offers ten functions including a whistle, a bright LED light for finding your way in a blackout, a compass, a fire starter flint, thermometer, and even a hygrometer (for checking the barometric pressure).

2. Etón BoostTurbine2000, $60
If the power grid goes down, this hand-cranked power generator can keep your gadgets running. Turn the crank for one minute to get 30-seconds of power on your phone. An LED light on the turbine shows the battery level – at full-power, the turbine can fully charge a smartphone from zero.

3. Scrubba Wash Bag, $60
This 5-ounce urethane bag folds up into a tight fist-sized pouch. When you’re ready to do your laundry, you pour in some water and laundry soap, seal the bag, add some air, and start kneading out the bag. Small plastic nobules inside the bag help scrub your clothes. A valve releases the air and water.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2012...yan-apocalypse/?intcmp=features#ixzz2F2ZbFz66

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Good to go Dooms......

beer2.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4897556 said:
Good to go Dooms......

beer2.jpg

:laugh2: :bow:

Seems you have every thing you need. May want to throw a few cases of beef jerky in case you get a bit hungry. :D

9darter

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4897471 said:
Why not be prepared, should the end of the world arrive?

So there's still a me and a somewhere/physical place (for me to live in) after the world has ended? Good to know.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4897556 said:
Good to go Dooms......

Good God, no!!!! I'd rather the world ended than depend on that swill.

Now, a couple (hundred) cases of Jack Daniels and JD Honey . . .

rynochop

Reaction score
I guess there will still be beer snobs after the end of the world.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
rynochop;4898587 said:
I guess there will still be beer snobs after the end of the world.

Not a snob. After living in Germany and drinking real beer, the stuff sold in the US is simply watered down, weak tasting crap.

I remember drinking a dark German beer thick enough to pass for a milkshake. I long for a return visit.

Joshmil53

Reaction score
M'Kevon;4898924 said:
Not a snob. After living in Germany and drinking real beer, the stuff sold in the US is simply watered down, weak tasting crap.

I remember drinking a dark German beer thick enough to pass for a milkshake. I long for a return visit.

That sounds disgusting.