49er Game

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I realize that most folks are focused on the game this weekend in D.C. I am also focused on the game next week against San Fran. Mostly my interest is it will be my first Cowboy game. I actually have a couple of days to spend so I'm going to see some of the local sites. So if anybody has any ideas of where I can visit with the family I'd appreciate it.

We are going to visit the TCU campus as the stepson has an interest in possibly attending there after he graduates high school. So we have a campus tour scheduled for Monday afternoon. I was wondering if anybody has been to the Yuchatan Beach Club when Tank, Gurode, and Brad Sham do their show on Monday evenings?

Also, what is the address of the new stadium in Arlington? I was trying to mapquest it from our hotel to get an idea of how to pencil that into our schedule. I'm also thinking I'd like to visit Valley Ranch, I know that Texas Stadium has tours of that facility but I'm unsure if Valley Ranch is open to the public during the season at all?

Will anybody else be at the 49'er game? Are there going to be any tailgaters from the zone? I'm also curious to see where the sun will be in relation to section 114 at a 1:00 game?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have a great trip DC. You should really enjoy yourself.

BTW I'm coming back on Dec. 23rd. No snow please.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2418600 said:
Have a great trip DC. You should really enjoy yourself.

BTW I'm coming back on Dec. 23rd. No snow please.

BDC, the only day that I want snow is on Christmas. Call it the little boy in me still coming out. But I'll hope for no snow for your travel time.

I have no doubts about my enjoying the trip.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
silver;2418605 said:
Visit the JFK Museum. http://www.jfk.org/

Good suggestion Silver. I'll definitely look into that. Especially on almost the 45 year anniversary of that fateful day.

The only thing that would stink about it is it looks like they don't allow photographs there. I'm anxious to see how my fuji camera will work at events and locations.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy;2418597 said:
I realize that most folks are focused on the game this weekend in D.C. I am also focused on the game next week against San Fran. Mostly my interest is it will be my first Cowboy game. I actually have a couple of days to spend so I'm going to see some of the local sites. So if anybody has any ideas of where I can visit with the family I'd appreciate it.

We are going to visit the TCU campus as the stepson has an interest in possibly attending there after he graduates high school. So we have a campus tour scheduled for Monday afternoon. I was wondering if anybody has been to the Yuchatan Beach Club when Tank, Gurode, and Brad Sham do their show on Monday evenings?

Also, what is the address of the new stadium in Arlington? I was trying to mapquest it from our hotel to get an idea of how to pencil that into our schedule. I'm also thinking I'd like to visit Valley Ranch, I know that Texas Stadium has tours of that facility but I'm unsure if Valley Ranch is open to the public during the season at all?

Will anybody else be at the 49'er game? Are there going to be any tailgaters from the zone? I'm also curious to see where the sun will be in relation to section 114 at a 1:00 game?

Dayton, BigDFan5 and I are going.we'll be in sec.101/102. sec. 114 will more than likely be in the sun for a 12 o clock kickoff.but it shouldnt be too bad weather wise,its not Sep./Oct. heat you have to worry about.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
djdoug;2418633 said:
Dayton, BigDFan5 and I are going.we'll be in sec.101/102. sec. 114 will more than likely be in the sun for a 12 o clock kickoff.but it shouldnt be too bad weather wise,its not Sep./Oct. heat you have to worry about.

I figure it will still be warmer than the weather back here in Ohio. I'll take 64 and partly sunny over the 38 and sunny that will be in Ohio at game time.

I hope to be able to move to the lower sections and take some photos if that is possible.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
You can visith the Fort Worth Stockyards, we spent almost a whole day there.
They have the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame there, Billy Bob's (Largest Honky Tonk)
Our kids are 15 and 16 they enjoyed themselves, except for the walking.
To get to the new stadium, you can search for Ameriquest Field in Arlington,
there is also a walmart right accross the street.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
djdoug;2418633 said:

Wife and I will be in section 103.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
panchucko;2418707 said:
You can visith the Fort Worth Stockyards, we spent almost a whole day there.
They have the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame there, Billy Bob's (Largest Honky Tonk)
Our kids are 15 and 16 they enjoyed themselves, except for the walking.
To get to the new stadium, you can search for Ameriquest Field in Arlington,
there is also a walmart right accross the street.

Is Ameriquest Field right next to the new stadium?

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
I'll be in front of the big screen in my Family room,:eek::

Give us a wave.:D

Enjoy.;)

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy;2418905 said:
Is Ameriquest Field right next to the new stadium?
It is a couple of blocks, once you get near the exits, you will see the new stadium, follow the signs to Ameriquest and you will also find the new stadium. It is really easy to get to.
When we were there in October, there was some construction going on down in that area.

I just checked my GPS and the directions have already been over written.
The Walmart accross the street from the new stadium is 915 East Randol Mill Road, Arlington (n), TX‎
I took this picture from the middle of the road, I was parked in Walmart parking lot
img_3937.jpg

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Biggems;2418942 said:
Just beware the full moon from the Niners sidelines.....

Well hopefully we won't have an eclipse given its an afternoon game. Besides, its Texas Stadium and not candlestick or whatever the name is now where the whiners play.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy;2418973 said:
Well hopefully we won't have an eclipse given its an afternoon game. Besides, its Texas Stadium and not candlestick or whatever the name is now where the whiners play.

u completely missed the joke....