49ers C Jake Brendel was a Cowboys UDFA

Rayman70

Reaction score
Also, Feliciano the guard for the Niners, was a Giant,if i aint mistaken. It shows u, premium draft picks aren't needed all the time. Jon Feliciano was a 4th round pick by the Raiders. Played for the Giants and wasn't very good. But the Niners signed him, coached him up, and now he starts. Brendel is very impressive. Worked his arse off to be viable now. Dallas isn't very patient with offensive lineman and developing them...unless they are high draft picks. Niners show ya it can be done on the cheap.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Also, Feliciano the guard for the Niners, was a Giant,if i aint mistaken. It shows u, premium draft picks aren't needed all the time.
Yes, but Feliciano had started and played well in other stops and really was only limited by injury. I think what this really shows is that you need to use free agency well.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yes, but Feliciano had started and played well in other stops and really was only limited by injury. I think what this really shows is that you need to use free agency well.
oh no doubt.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Also, Feliciano the guard for the Niners, was a Giant,if i aint mistaken. It shows u, premium draft picks aren't needed all the time. Jon Feliciano was a 4th round pick by the Raiders. Played for the Giants and wasn't very good. But the Niners signed him, coached him up, and now he starts. Brendel is very impressive. Worked his arse off to be viable now. Dallas isn't very patient with offensive lineman and developing them...unless they are high draft picks. Niners show ya it can be done on the cheap.
FANS are less patient , everyone's bust in year 1 or after one off season lost injury, I mean come on everyone wanted Connor Williams gone outta here they would not have been patient to try to turn him into a center like Miami did either way we could do this all day long like you found somebody he found somebody we could find guys off every damn roster that was let go and somehow they found their way into a starting role...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It does make me wonder if we could successfully convert Bass to center rather than having to find one to replace Biadasz, or if maybe Hoffman is on a trajectory where he could handle it. (Didn't like his play in the preseason, but he did pretty good in the game he started during the regular season.) We do have a tendency to want the team to move on when a player isn't immediately ready to make the jump to the NFL.

Now, I'm not advocating for either of those because I have no idea how it would turn out, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't turn out well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It does make me wonder if we could successfully convert Bass to center rather than having to find one to replace Biadasz, or if maybe Hoffman is on a trajectory where he could handle it. (Didn't like his play in the preseason, but he did pretty good in the game he started during the regular season.) We do have a tendency to want the team to move on when a player isn't immediately ready to make the jump to the NFL.

Now, I'm not advocating for either of those because I have no idea how it would turn out, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't turn out well.
See this is fans lots of these guys who are let go the fans didn't like they call them wash they call them trash anytime they're not living up to quick expectations and quick results the fan base gives up on these players first. I mean they couldn't get Connor McGovern and Connor Williams out of here fast enough... Both found starting roles on other teams.

When fans realize you don't have to be an all pro or Pro Bowl player to have a solid starting role here, we would be better off... Now the target is get rid of Tyron Smith he's taking up room ohh they're worse they think it's OK to get rid of Steele without realizing how hard that would be with this brand-new contract and guarantees... Can the guy come back from injury first?? I think you'll see a nice improvement this year ahead.​
Nope it's burn them all at the stake get rid of them and start over and you're correct, I do believe Hoffman has something if they want to replace biotics but the fans need to give him some breathing room before they announce he's no good like you just did you didn't like what you saw in preseason but I think I saw a pretty solid group of young players that can develop here along that offensive line...​

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
No.

But I did see Randy Gregory playing in the super bowl. Remember when most said he would be out of the league?
He should be out of the league but athletes can do whatever they want. Lol even jaylons had some jobs after dallas messed up big time with him

sbark

Reaction score

Salary cap demands a good number of players need to be developed
Bass, Hoffman, Richards, waletzgo, d.line,. Bland, Thomas etc,

But on other hand, the Josh Balls need to recognized early and make room quicker

John813

Reaction score
I thought that last name was familiar.
Remember him on the Dolphins roster, but mostly on IR

Good for him to keep fighting through cuts/injuries to become a starter

Hardline

Reaction score
There's a reason Tom Landry gave a rookie three years to prove himself.