4th Rounder for Willie Young

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McFadden?
Dunbar?
Escobar?

I would do any one of the 3, or all 3 and we get a 3rd round..... or a 5th.......

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
they just extended him in the summer. I think john fox really likes him.

I thought him for leary was a perfect trade in the summer. Thankfully they didn't do that.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you do it?

Young is 31 but still productive and it would be a temporary fix.
The Bears would eat about 8M of bonus money that they paid to him if he was traded. They obviously like the player and think he fits their scheme because they just gave him the contract extension.

Why would they trade him for a 4th round pick?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's a mixed bag, but Young is a known commodity so I'd be more willing to make that move.
Biggest with trading picks for veterans is the money. A 4th is you draft well you give cheap potential starter for a player that while they will help, will take up a significantly larger chunk of the cap.

Making the call right now.....I would deal. Before this they have had a very spotty at best record in the mid late rounds. Thats probably even generous. That deal would be getting production on the field for that pick. Could come a t a price down the line trying to extend players. However if we have a draft next season similar to this were we keep 3 out of 4 6th rounders on the 53 with one playing very well in a starter level role, I would be less willing to make that deal for a player of Youngs caliber