5-2 at the Bye good goal for Cowboys

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
2018, at 3-5, going into the brutal part of the schedule as well. Then they go 7-1.

There is no reason this team can't be 6-1 going into the bye week.

And we could end up 4-3 and everything still turn out fine this year. I wouldn't like it, but I don't worry about playoff "goals" until there's no hope left for them. We're a long way away from that possibility.

I'd love for us to have beaten a NO team without Brees, as we should have, and hate any loss, but the big picture isn't close to being in focus yet.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The “goal” should always be to be better than merely what you are okay with
IMO 5-2 is more than I’d be OK with. It’s a reasonable goal and expectation. One that would put us in good shape after the bye.

Perhaps we need to define “ good “ goal versus great or ultimate goal?

This thread isn’t about what I thought the ultimate goal could be.

Batman1980

Reaction score
My goal is anything that sees Marinelli and Garrett getting booted from this team after the season.

Batman1980

Reaction score
So you want to lose?

I believe they're both gone if we don't make it to championship Sunday. I will consider it a small sacrifice if it gets those two dead weights off this team for good.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I believe they're both gone if we don't make it to championship Sunday. I will consider it a small sacrifice if it gets those two dead weights off this team for good.
I see...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And if it doesn’t get rid of them and you’re wrong?
What you say then?

Batman1980

Reaction score
And if it doesn’t get rid of them and you’re wrong?

It was the impression I got when all the extension talks with Garrett disappeared after the Rams pantsed us. 12 years here and not a single win to get to championship Sunday. I have to believe that's the bar, especially when Jerry has 2 young coordinators he loves in Richard and Moore waiting in the wings.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Why do people keep bringing up 2018?

Yes, we came back from a poor start to make the playoffs, but what did we actually accomplish in the playoffs?

The Cowboys need to aim much higher than just winning the division. With the way the NFC is shaping up this year and with the way this team has started the season, the goal should be getting a bye and HFA throughout the playoffs. If we're every going to make noise in the playoffs with this coaching staff we have to decrease the number of playoff games Garrett has to coach and we must prevent our high-powered offense ever having to leave the friendly confines of Cowboys Stadium.

6-1 should be the goal at the bye and honestly 8-1 should be the record heading into Detriot. Anything less would be disappointing.
:hammer:
Honestly though the last time the cowboys had hfa they went the bed against the packers

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It was the impression I got when all the extension talks with Garrett disappeared after the Rams pantsed us. 12 years here and not a single win to get to championship Sunday. I have to believe that's the bar, especially when Jerry has 2 young coordinators he loves in Richard and Moore waiting in the wings.
I understand what you believe. I asked what if you misinterpreted? What you say then?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why do people keep bringing up 2018?

Yes, we came back from a poor start to make the playoffs, but what did we actually accomplish in the playoffs?

The Cowboys need to aim much higher than just winning the division. With the way the NFC is shaping up this year and with the way this team has started the season, the goal should be getting a bye and HFA throughout the playoffs. If we're every going to make noise in the playoffs with this coaching staff we have to decrease the number of playoff games Garrett has to coach and we must prevent our high-powered offense ever having to leave the friendly confines of Cowboys Stadium.

6-1 should be the goal at the bye and honestly 8-1 should be the record heading into Detriot. Anything less would be disappointing.
Prepare to be disappointed LOL imo thats not happening..

by your own measured statement its about going further than last year..

really 10-6 but get hot in the playoffs and get to an NFCCG is more realistic..the RS launches you into the playoffs but saying anything but 8-1 start, really already one loss with GB ahead..?