5 games to get 1000

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I dont wa t to see zeke fall short if 1000 yards for two straight years. He’s been hurt for two months, but I still hope he gets there. He means a lot to this team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A 1000 yard season isn’t what it used to be when they were fewer games. Just over 60 yards a game will get you 1000 yards in a 17 game season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not about Zeke or better not be, it is all about doing what is smart for the team. That would be sitting Zeke down for awhile. We need him later,

We need him now it’s not like we have anything wrapped up. This is why the team isn’t sitting him. We have a critical stretch coming up with 3 divisional games.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Five games to get healthy, five games to clean some things up, five games to start hitting on all cylinders. December is here, and if we want to make a playoff run we had best get to work. Milestones and benchmarks tend to follow a winning ball club, if we're playing well Zeke will get his, and so will a few others.

RaZon

Reaction score
We need him now it’s not like we have anything wrapped up. This is why the team isn’t sitting him. We have a critical stretch coming up with 3 divisional games.

Zeke is hurting, we all see it. So.....ah the hell with that play him.....really?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zeke is hurting, we all see it. So.....ah the hell with that play him.....really?

He’s hurting and if the team thought it was anything serious they wouldn’t be playing him. He’s going to have 10 days off. If Washington wins tomorrow and they beat the Cowboys next Sunday they’ll only be one game back. A lot of players are hurting this time of year but this is a very critical stretch of games coming up. If Washington were to get within one game of us with three games left we’re in serious trouble!

RaZon

Reaction score
He’s hurting and if the team thought it was anything serious they wouldn’t be playing him. He’s going to have 10 days off. If Washington wins tomorrow and they beat the Cowboys next Sunday they’ll only be one game back. A lot of players are hurting this time of year but this is a very critical stretch of games coming up. If Washington were to get within one game of us with three games left we’re in serious trouble!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I dont wa t to see zeke fall short if 1000 yards for two straight years. He’s been hurt for two months, but I still hope he gets there. He means a lot to this team.

He needs to average 47 yards per game the last 5 games to hit 1000 on the season.

Doubtful the way he looks right now.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Well maybe since the Emmitt years Jerry is hoping to find someone like him. Dreams about a second triplets.

RaZon

Reaction score
Unless you have a guy like Derrick Henry/Jonathan Taylor who are leading the NFL in rushing it's one contract and move on for RB's.

I watched highlights of at least 20 college games today, there are running backs all over the place, tons of them. Forget a first/second round pick.

Getting back to Zeke, being a stud he's not going to tell the truth about his condition, he wants to play. So it has to be taken out of his hands, but......if Wash does lose sit him. If not maybe he will be ready in 10 days, fingers crossed but don't like it.

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
If Washington loses tomorrow and we beat Washington next game then the division is ours. If that happens sit him until he's healthy or until the playoffs. Overpaid contract not withstanding we need Zeke healthy if we're doing anything in the playoffs. Dak needs a good run game for ball control and our defense needs to be off the field as much as possible. Zeke gives us that. When he's healthy. I don't care about Zeke's personal stats, I want playoff success. Please God give us playoff success.

Our offense was humming with Smith, Williams, BDZ, Martin and Steele and a healthy Zeke. Also Dak's calf may still be a problem. I'd like to go into the playoffs with that healthy offensive line, RB and QB and I feel we'll make some noise.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Zeke might have the kind of injury that is not going to heal with a week or two off. He might need surgery. Maybe he is playing now to protect Pollard for the playoffs.

Then again, maybe Zeke is being selfish and greedy and trying to hit a bonus by playing.