5 not-so-common candidates for the Cowboys 24th overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft

zekecowboy

Reaction score

WR Brian Thomas, Jr., LSU

Brian Thomas Jr. is the nation's leader in touchdowns and is slated to come off the board around 20th or so. With smooth acceleration and 4.33 top speed, Thomas Jr. can blow the roof off the defense and he would be an instant deep ball threat for the Cowboys. Packaging him with CeeDee Lamb and Brandin Cooks would give the team one of the top WR groups in the NFL.

EDGE Laiatu Latu, UCLA

Latu has a slender build and looks more like a 3-4 OLB like that T.J. Watt fella, but as we all learned the hard way, that shouldn’t discourage them from taking a premier talent. Latu is an athletic player with super crazy hands to fight through blocks and has a good awareness of where the play is going. He looks like a future star.

CB Nate Wiggins, Clemson

Clemson’s Nate Wiggins is an ideal candidate for the Cowboys' defense. He possesses the length, he has the smarts for Mike Zimmer’s defense, and his 4.28 speed will be welcomed by anyone. We’ve seen him go to the Philadelphia Eagles at pick 22 in several mocks, but if he makes it to 24, the Cowboys could do a lot worse.

QB Bo Nix, Oregon/Michael Penix Jr., Washington

Many people believe that a Dak Prescott extension is coming soon, but what if the Cowboys had something else up their sleeve? This year’s draft features a deep quarterback class with the four best ones expected to be top 10 picks. Then, there are the other guys as a couple of Pac 12 quarterbacks, Bo Nix and Michael Penix round out the list of first-round quarterbacks.

Could the Cowboys wait-and-see approach with Dak have more to do with seeing how the first round of this draft plays out? Probably not, but if the Joneses are sneaky sneakertons and call one of these QB’s name later this month, get ready for some fireworks.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-offensive-linemen-24th-overall-pick-2024-nfl

Carson

Reaction score
I’m growing on Brian Thomas. I was opposed to WR early, but he gives your 3 receivers that compliment each other perfectly

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Take the 2qbs off and add Payton Wilson and Zach Frazier and Byron Murphy.
I could live with Murphy, Thomas or a pass rusher. (And address C and RB in the second and third rounds.)

Murphy helps that interior defense that we're concerned about. Right now, all we've really got there is Odig and Mazi, and we don't really know what we've got in Mazi.

Thomas would give us a No. 2 and allow Cooks to move to No. 3, where he belongs at this point in his career.

A pass rusher like Latu would take some of the attention off Parsons and allow Williams to remain in a reserve role, which is all he has shown that he deserves so far.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Trenches first, this is a deep WR class. No CBs please, just sign Gilmore to a 1yr deal. I think Penix could get the ball to CeeDee n Ferg.

visionary

Reaction score
If we get WR it better be because we are trading CD. #1 WRs arent essential to SBs

We already have enough CB.

OL or DL, period

Beaker42

Reaction score
Trenches first, this is a deep WR class. No CBs please, just sign Gilmore to a 1yr deal. I think Penix could get the ball to CeeDee n Ferg.
After the GB game not sure I want Gilmore any longer. Give me Wiggins and that speed.