5 Questions: You win the Powerball $1 billion Jackpot

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I would definitely add a little cottage over looking the ocean on the Irish countryside. That would be in the rotation. :cool:
Do not blame you at all. Seen some awesome pictures and videos of places next to the ocean on Irish countryside. We have some good places in the States, but I don't think we have anything that compares to those. Maybe some of those rockier shorelines by Oregon?

Big_D

Reaction score
Do not blame you at all. Seen some awesome pictures and videos of places next to the ocean on Irish countryside. We have some good places in the States, but I don't think we have anything that compares to those. Maybe some of those rockier shorelines by Oregon?
Probably some coastal areas in California also. Ireland is beautiful. I drove around the country a few years back and loved it. Definitely a place I would spend more time.. if I hit the lottery!

rynochop

Reaction score
Billion dollar lottery are you doing cash option or the annuity? Cash option after taxes is what 350 mil?
That kind of money I'd have to consider the payments

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Billion dollar lottery are you doing cash option or the annuity? Cash option after taxes is what 350 mil?
That kind of money I'd have to consider the payments
Naw, you take the lump sum. Life isn’t guaranteed tomorrow or even next week. Get that $$$ and enjoy it while you can :thumbup:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I tried to keep this less personal, and for bleeps and giggles. You just won the $1 billion Powerball prize. Money is not an object.

You get one or the other on the 5 questions below:
  1. Dallas Cowboys 50-yard line season tickets close to the field, or a nice luxury box season ticket. Which one do you buy?
  2. Fancy huge penthouse condo in the big city, or large estate with plenty of acres in the country? Which one?
  3. You get 2 choices on long-distance travel and leisure. Decent-size Yacht, or decent-size Private Jet? (Not U.S.S. Jerry size LOL) You can only pick one.
  4. For a second vacation home, you can only pick one country outside of the USA (or if you're in another country reading this, that one). Which country do you build your vacation home?
  5. You are forced to invest your remaining money in one NFL Team as a minority ownership. Any team is open EXCEPT for the Dallas Cowboys. Which team do you pick?
1. Luxury box. I actually don’t enjoy watching games in-person. Football is better to watch on TV in my opinion.

2. Penthouse condo in big city

3. Private jet; sitting on a boat loses its appeal after awhile

4. Portugal or Spain

5. Chargers or Packers

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
1. Luxury box. I actually don’t enjoy watching games in-person. Football is better to watch on TV in my opinion.

2. Penthouse condo in big city

3. Private jet; sitting on a boat loses its appeal after awhile

4. Portugal or Spain

5. Chargers or Packers
Good choice #4. I may end up retiring in one of those 2 countries even without winning the lottery. :thumbup:

Xelda

Reaction score
1. 50 yard line
2. country estate
3. yacht
4. Fiji
5. I would only buy into another team to cause trouble so 49ers

DZSierra

Reaction score
Well, I never play the lottery, but if one were to imagine...

I'd change nothing about my lifestle. Honestly, happy with my lifestyle now and where we're at as a family.

One billion dollars is a huge tax hit, to play it safe, if you take a lump sum, lets say you clear 500 million in the bank (I don't belive the tax rate is over 60% even for that much money, but I could be wrong).

What I'd do imagining...

1 - Put 100 million in some kind of annuity, annual interest alone would allow you to retire if you wanted to (I wouldn't "retire", work keeps me going as I get older).
2 - Take 10 million and divide it up for all my family, everyone gets an equal share (I do have a large entended family). Mother in law whom I love like my own mother would also get more.
3 - The rest I have no doubt both my wife and I would dontate to worthwhile charities, particuarly churches and animal care groups (NOT the SPAC LOL).
4 - Would allow us to downsize to sell the house and land to just buy something smaller, no doubt a custom build (under 1.5k square feet) and no more than 5 acres of land. Wait... if I have that much money, I could buy the same amount of land as I have now and I could pay people to keep it up instead of busting my butt over the weekends when I'm off work! LOL
5 - Annually travel the world with my wife since we will become empty nesters in a month when my last son ships off to the military. We're planning on doing that any ways, but things could get a lot nicer on where we stay and what we do LMAO

Sorry, no NFL team is getting any of my new found money!

DZSierra

Reaction score
Probably some coastal areas in California also.
We just got back after driving route 1 and the Sierra Nevada's. Beautiful state. Was in San Diego 30 years ago, never went north, wish I would have back then.

Sammy

Reaction score
Well, I never play the lottery, but if one were to imagine...

I'd change nothing about my lifestle. Honestly, happy with my lifestyle now and where we're at as a family.

One billion dollars is a huge tax hit, to play it safe, if you take a lump sum, lets say you clear 500 million in the bank (I don't belive the tax rate is over 60% even for that much money, but I could be wrong).

What I'd do imagining...

1 - Put 100 million in some kind of annuity, annual interest alone would allow you to retire if you wanted to (I wouldn't "retire", work keeps me going as I get older).
2 - Take 10 million and divide it up for all my family, everyone gets an equal share (I do have a large entended family). Mother in law whom I love like my own mother would also get more.
3 - The rest I have no doubt both my wife and I would dontate to worthwhile charities, particuarly churches and animal care groups (NOT the SPAC LOL).
4 - Would allow us to downsize to sell the house and land to just buy something smaller, no doubt a custom build (under 1.5k square feet) and no more than 5 acres of land. Wait... if I have that much money, I could buy the same amount of land as I have now and I could pay people to keep it up instead of busting my butt over the weekends when I'm off work! LOL
5 - Annually travel the world with my wife since we will become empty nesters in a month when my last son ships off to the military. We're planning on doing that any ways, but things could get a lot nicer on where we stay and what we do LMAO

Sorry, no NFL team is getting any of my new found money!
If you take the cash lump sum, it's only 478 million minus taxes. If you'd like the annuity, here's a table showing the yearly payments for your state.
https://www.usamega.com/powerball/jackpot

DZSierra

Reaction score
If you take the cash lump sum, it's only 478 million minus taxes. If you'd like the annuity, here's a table showing the yearly payments for your state.
https://www.usamega.com/powerball/jackpot
Go the same with what I said I'd do for 478 million payout instead of a 500 million payout:)

Got a couple annumities doing pretty good at a flat rate, but I didn't invest no where close to 100 million LOL

Reality is I could afford to play the lottery, but I don't. The issue IMO is most people dreaming to win the lottery shouldn't be spending their government subsidy money to dream. No different than betting on sports. Gambling is a waste of your money, but I guess people can dream and spend what they shouldn't on their dream.

Added the fact that I always get stuck behind the person with no money playing the lottery at the gas station for more than 10 minutes becuase they are living their dream!

Old addage... The house always wins. Although I don't bet on NFL games, I guess that's why the house gives odds, to make it more lucrative for you to spend your money.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
1. 50 yard line. You try your best to blend in with regular people.
2. Country. With technology, you can easily do work with your money without dealing with the city.
3. Jet.
4. UK Virgin Islands
5. The team would have to be an NFC East team because I am guaranteed two must watch tv games as long as the Cowboys do well.