5 silver linings Cowboys fans can look for in 2024

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Lol, nothing wrong with being positive.

However, I'll await for the 5 things to dread response which will undoubtedly be just as valid.
1. No new GM.
2. Nothing but comfort hires for Jerry from the failed 5-11 era in the coaching staff.
3. The off season has been a social media clown show with the players. None seem really concerned about the GB game, just getting paid cap breaking deals, podcasts, and selling their personal brands.
4. Our cap situation is not good, and is likely to get much worse.
5. There's a lot of talk of having our 2024 opener be a nationally televised game against SF. Getting destroyed in that game could derail the season from the start.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I always look forward to the next season. Hope springs eternal with the upcoming draft, new coaches, free agency, and Jerry Jones press conferences.... what's not to love?

Big_D

Reaction score
I missed it. Can you tell me where to find it?

2024 home opponents​

• PHI Eagles
  • NY Giants
  • WAS Commanders
  • HOU Texans
  • DET Lions
  • TB Buccaneers
  • BAL Ravens
  • CIN Bengals
  • NO Saints

2024 away opponents​

• PHI Eagles
  • NY Giants
  • WAS Commanders
  • SF 49ers
  • ATL Falcons
  • CAR Panthers
  • CLE Browns
  • PIT Steelers

Last edited:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

2024 home opponents​

• PHI Eagles
  • NY Giants
  • WAS Commanders
  • HOU Texans
  • DET Lions
  • TB Buccaneers
  • BAL Ravens
  • CIN Bengals

2024 away opponents​

• PHI Eagles
  • NY Giants
  • WAS Commanders
  • SF 49ers
  • ATL Falcons
  • CAR Panthers
  • CLE Browns
  • PIT Steelers
Thanks, alligator! I'm not a pro at this, but that does not sound like to bad of a schedule, does it to you?

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
My silver lining will be through possible subtraction.

If Pollard leaves us, that’s fine, take your salary and try to have fun in DC.

If we lose Biadasz, that’s fine as well cuz I think someone will overpay for him and I’m not overly thrilled with his performance. If Steele can get back close to form, TB is the weak link.

Big_D

Reaction score
Thanks, alligator! I'm not a pro at this, but that does not sound like to bad of a schedule, does it to you?

You never know with these things. Whatever it looks like on paper isn't always the case when the time comes. We'll see when the schedule comes out and how many playoff caliber teams they face in December etc.. 9 home/ 8 away.. so that's a plus.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No looks like you’re wrong, 1 out of 5 is hitting out of the park for Jerry and company and sad sacks like you.
Ok troll.

IMG-0466.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. No new GM.
2. Nothing but comfort hires for Jerry from the failed 5-11 era in the coaching staff.
3. The off season has been a social media clown show with the players. None seem really concerned about the GB game, just getting paid cap breaking deals, podcasts, and selling their personal brands.
4. Our cap situation is not good, and is likely to get much worse.
5. There's a lot of talk of having our 2024 opener be a nationally televised game against SF. Getting destroyed in that game could derail the season from the start.
There’s 2 kinds of posters. The OP, and this ^^

Swagger

Reaction score
The main silver lining is how horrific the NFC is in depth compared with the AFC. Only reason the Cowboys are even remotely relevant with Prescott as quarterback.

Chasing6

Reaction score
hey don't say that around here that we have a FEW draft picks, I got bashed hard for that, we have like 7 draft picks because of the comp picks added, but really what the hell are we going to do with those extra 7th rounders
Exactly. When we pick at 24, we will be surprised our pick is not there. Then we will either trade down for less value, reach for a need, or draft CB.

Hardline

Reaction score
No silver linings for this team.
Only storm clouds with deadly lightning.