5 supplemental players the Cowboys are counting on this season

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are clearly counting on depth players this season.
By LP Cruz May 24, 2024

For the Dallas Cowboys to be successful and have tangible success deep into the winter months, the team has to be better from top to bottom. Preparation is paramount as the team enters this season on a clean slate. Sure, the Cowboys will have to count on its stars to carry the burden, such as Dak Prescott, CeeDee Lamb, and Micah Parsons. However, this year, the Cowboys have several other players that are vital to their success. Here are five players the team is relying on this season.

1. Ezekiel Elliott
2. Juanyeh Thomas
3. Jalen Tolbert
4. Marist Liufau
5. Caelen Carson

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-on-2024-season-ezekiel-elliott-jalen-tolbert

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
By LP Cruz May 24, 2024

For the Dallas Cowboys to be successful and have tangible success deep into the winter months, the team has to be better from top to bottom. Preparation is paramount as the team enters this season on a clean slate. Sure, the Cowboys will have to count on its stars to carry the burden, such as Dak Prescott, CeeDee Lamb, and Micah Parsons. However, this year, the Cowboys have several other players that are vital to their success. Here are five players the team is relying on this season.

1. Ezekiel Elliott
2. Juanyeh Thomas
3. Jalen Tolbert
4. Marist Liufau
5. Caelen Carson

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-on-2024-season-ezekiel-elliott-jalen-tolbert
Lots of 2nd and 3rd year players as well.

John813

Reaction score
Would love to see Thomas grow into a starting Strong Safety.

Really thought he had NFL talent, but was just stuck on a mess of a Georgia Tech defense-and being asked to do everything from run stopping to taking him out of his best spot and at times having him play deep

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I really think Jalen Tolbert will be serving up a little crow to a few members this season. I'm expecting a big jump in production, getting that timing down with Dak should changed those near misses into big plays.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What makes these guys, "supplemental"? It's a team sport that has always relied on teamwork for success.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think they bigger questions are Mazi, Guyton, Dowdle, Steele, Kneeland, and Sam Williams. If these guys don't show up big they Cowboys are going to be in real trouble this season.

Then there are some other players who have to contribute as well, like Tolbert. But my fear is they pass rush will be diminished and the run defense will be worse because of the guys up front in the middle of the defensive line.

Rayman70

Reaction score
By LP Cruz May 24, 2024

1. Ezekiel Elliott
2. Juanyeh Thomas
3. Jalen Tolbert
4. Marist Liufau
5. Caelen Carson

what could go wrong.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think they bigger questions are Mazi, Guyton, Dowdle, Steele, Kneeland, and Sam Williams. If these guys don't show up big they Cowboys are going to be in real trouble this season.

Then there are some other players who have to contribute as well, like Tolbert. But my fear is they pass rush will be diminished and the run defense will be worse because of the guys up front in the middle of the defensive line.
Dowdle is a complete dang joke as a rb. Its nonsense for the team to prop this dude up the way they do. He's been hurt, never showed he can be a real good player every week. But somehow we are told he's much better than we have seen. Zeke isn't the answer. He's running on rims. The tires fell off 3 years ago. Royce Freeman looks better than both but that aint saying much considering he's a journeyman. We dont have 1 good rb on the roster. Deuce is my guy but until we see it, he isnt the answer. We must go find a rb fast!!! Id trade for a guy that has showed he can carry the load and help us. The guys on the list above that we are hoping to supplement, and help is crazy talk. They are just role players that have decent talent but we never should be putting our hopes into that. We will regress this year and the team wil get torn apart in the offseason. Unless something on a scale like what the Texans did in 2023 happens, we are in trouble. A whole lot must go right for this team to be in the playoff conversation come Late December.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The rookies and 2nd and a few 3rd year players will be on a steep and quick learning curve.
Yes, and I get it, but its pure fantasy for any real front office to believe that will work. Its unfair to the incoming rookies and undrafted guys. The front office is asking many players to demonstrate something they haven't showed at the NFL level. Leaves almost no room for error.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, and I get it, but its pure fantasy for any real front office to believe that will work. Its unfair to the incoming rookies and undrafted guys. The front office is asking many players to demonstrate something they haven't showed at the NFL level. Leaves almost no room for error.
The Dirty Dozen ... won a SB ....

Rayman70

Reaction score
By LP Cruz May 24, 2024

1. Ezekiel Elliott
2. Juanyeh Thomas
3. Jalen Tolbert
4. Marist Liufau
5. Caelen Carson

We can mark eke off this list, he is cooked. Hes a short yardage guy at most. Juanyeh has a chance, but a steep hill to climb, Tolbert, same thing. ,Marist is a wildcard. It could go really well or really poor. Carson will have a steep learning curve. Things are set up for us to be hovering around .500..just above or just under. Imagine if we have a couple injuries happen in camp to those guys lol...then what? Then we are really sunk.

gtb1943

Reaction score

Agree. How those players either produce or do not will have a match bigger impact on the season