5 years ago in San Fran. Romo to Holley

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last year at the end of the 1st half, we had a few plays that took us down field for a score to, that turned that game around.
Can Dak pull off another win at the Stick...oh wait, that stadium is gone....so at the blue jean place...

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It's funny how certain plays stick around in your head. This one, for some reason, I will always remember. Maybe because it showed how tough Romo was. I don't really care what kind of debates people try to bring to the table on me, he will always be one of my favorite Cowboys.

Also, somebody please, pull the brakes on this time train. It is starting to barrel down the tracks out of control.

DFWJC

Reaction score
When Romo is going down the field after the catch, he's trying to jog with his arm up, celebrating the play, and he can't, it hurts too much, he slows to a walk and you can see him struggling to breathe.

That's when I remembered how hurt he was.
Mind numbing pain to where he had dry heaves/blood after the game. But they got the win, on the road, vs against possibly the best defense in football.
The 13-3 49ers were tough that year.
Tough win and tough dude.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Mind numbing pain to where he had dry heaves/blood after the game. But they got the win, on the road, vs against possibly the best defense in football.
The 13-3 49ers were tough that year.
Tough win and tough dude.
i remember reading something about he couldn't sleep lying down, so he slept sitting up and had trouble breathing for several weeks due to the pain / punctured lung

TOUGH.AS.NAILS.

Gator88

Reaction score
Last year at the end of the 1st half, we had a few plays that took us down field for a score to, that turned that game around.
Can Dak pull off another win at the Stick...oh wait, that stadium is gone....so at the blue jean place...
I should hope that when Dallas desperately needs a win, they should be able to beat one of the worst teams in football for the last few years even if it is a road game.

sideon

Reaction score
Holley acting like he just caught the game winning TD catch at the Superbowl:laugh:

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Biggest over-celebration in team history.

Has anybody checked, Holley might still be in the stadium celebrating...
That was the biggest play of his NFL career up til that point & it put the Cowboys in a good position to Win the game, so give the guy a break.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I was there, in the nose bleeds but same sideline and right by that endzone. There were so many cowboys fans there, was awesome.

Hardline

Reaction score
I remember watching Holley carelessly running with the ball away from hid body and thinking if the safety catches up to him the ball is going to be slapped out of his hands.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
For real????????? What do you think Garretops gonna do to Dak?????

Exactly..............when we don't even make the playoffs this year Dak is going to start seeing how Romo felt most years.

Garrett wasted Romo's career and now he is starting on Dak. Do you know how bad a head coach has to be to have back-to-back franchise Qbs and cant even make the playoffs most years.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I miss Romo. If Dak ever goes down I am still one of those who would not mind seeing him suit up and giving it another shot. False dreaming maybe, but it helps after these painful loses.

cej757

Reaction score
God we a horrible receiving corp then.

We were very thin at the end of that game. Dez didn't play that game because of an injury, Miles Austin pulled his hamstring late in the 4th quarter. We were like literally down to Kevin Ogletree and Jesse Holley to finish the game. And Jesse Holley actually made some big catches in the 4th quarter to help Bailey send the game into ot.