50 years ago today KISS is formed

Hardline

Reaction score
It has everything to do with it. Their substance abuse was why they were ejected from the band and tarnished their legacy, that's a fact as well but you seem to place a higher priority on certain facts because it's more convenient to your lame argument.
KISS legacy was never tarnished. They are legendary.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You got yourself backed into a corner and now you are grasping at straws. You literally have no valid argument. You assigning an argument to me and debating it.
So now you just repeat my own points by paraphrasing and think no one will notice? You've lost the debate. You have no valid point.

Hardline

Reaction score
So now you just repeat my own points by paraphrasing and think no one will notice? You've lost the debate. You have no valid point.
You never had any points to begin with. So you had to make up mine.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
KISS legacy was never tarnished. They are legendary.
Ace and Peter showed what horse patooties they are by showing up impaired at the Kiss induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Gene and Paul were so embarrassed by them. Kiss's legacy was most certainly tarnished by those two has-beens on that night.

Hardline

Reaction score
Ace and Peter showed what horse patooties they are by showing up impaired at the Kiss induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Gene and Paul were so embarrassed by them. Kiss's legacy was most certainly tarnished by those two has-beens on that night.
Ace and Peter didn't show up at the RRHOF impared.I literally watched it . You are thinking of that interview where Ace made a fool of himself on some dudes talk show.
And you go ask 100 KISS fans if they prefer seat fillers to Ace and Peter you wouldn't find a single person that would say yes.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Ace and Peter didn't show up at the RRHOF impared.I literally watched it . You are thinking of that interview where Ace made a fool of himself on some dudes talk show.
And you go ask 100 KISS fans if they prefer seat fillers to Ace and Peter you wouldn't find a single person that would say yes.
The debate is over. Be silent now. Welcome to my ignore list.

ESisback

Reaction score
Ace and Peter were my favorites. The original four had magic. That said, like most bands that have been around for decades, it doesn’t last forever. Four alphas eventually clash.

Replacement players like Bruce Kulick, Eric Carr and Eric Singer were excellent, and contributed much. Tommy Thayer, while kinda generic, does an excellent job recreating Ace’s sound, and is a consistent team player.

I’ve seen Kiss 7 times. One show was bleh. Another show was the best I ever saw. It varies.

ESisback

Reaction score
Gene is like a shark—he never stops swimming. He’d sell his poop if someone would buy it. He’s arrogant and greedy and a control freak. That said, he’s given millions to Wounded Warrior, sponsors poor children, and has a fierce love for America. He’s also a genius marketer, good song writer, great showman, unique vocalist, and a decent bass player.

Paul is a control freak as well, and is entirely too sensitive. His voice has been shot for ten years, but back in the day he was one of the great rock singers. He’s a good songwriter, an underrated guitar player, and a classic rocknroll frontman. He’s also given much to charity.

Ace was irresponsible for years, mostly due to drinking. He wasn’t consistent or dependable, and was also a weak vocalist. That said, he was pure kickass RocknRoll, and he inspired and entertained millions. A unique original, and great sense of humor.

Peter also partied too hard, and was a defiant tough guy. He expected to make Gene and Paul money, even after being away for years. He was a very good drummer with a unique vocal style that fit several Kiss classics better than anyone. He sang lead on Beth, Hard Luck Woman, Black Diamond, Strange Ways and several others.

The originals were magic together.

That said, Bruce Kulick absolutely SHREDS on guitar, and his 12 years as Kiss’ lead guitarist featured countless unforgettable solos. Eric Carr was a GREAT drummer, probably better than Peter, and is sorely missed. Eric Singer is great as well, and is the longest tenured drummer. All three are humble, nice guys and incredible team players.

Last edited:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
That was the Tom Snyder show, 1979. Aside from a reference to German model helicopters he pretty much stole the show.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Ace and Peter were my favorites. The original four had magic. That said, like most bands that have been around for decades, it doesn’t last forever. Four alphas eventually clash.

Replacement players like Bruce Kulick, Eric Carr and Eric Singer were excellent, and contributed much. Tommy Thayer, while kinda generic, does an excellent job recreating Ace’s sound, and is a consistent team player.

I’ve seen Kiss 7 times. One show was bleh. Another show was the best I ever saw. It varies.

The last time i saw KISS which was 86, Bruce was the guitarist. Out of them all i can safely say he was the best by far, his brother Bob did a few solos on the studio cuts from Alive 2.

ESisback

Reaction score
The last time i saw KISS which was 86, Bruce was the guitarist. Out of them all i can safely say he was the best by far, his brother Bob did a few solos on the studio cuts from Alive 2.
My favorite Bruce cut was the shredding he did on “Spit”. He was WAILING!

RoboQB

Reaction score
The debate is over. Be silent now. Welcome to my ignore list.
After reading your incredibly rude back and forth, feel free to add me to your ignore list as well.
If this is the way you have a discussion, you should just talk to yourself.
Then you'll be a master-debater!