#52-Miles Austin=Jerry's Justification

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
It really just occurred to me. I believe the one reason Jerry may not match the Jets offer to Austin if they make one is that is simply gives him an out for getting cute and picking Pat White.

He could easily stick to his draft plan and use that extra pick to land his toy he so covets and feel better about it in the process knowing he did not use his only first day pick on him.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
We arn't drafting Pat White. Jerry may want him, but recent drafts have indicated that he can be talked out of things fairly easy.

SDogo

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2722117 said:
We arn't drafting Pat White. Jerry may want him, but recent drafts have indicated that he can be talked out of things fairly easy.

Who says the people talking to Jerry are trying to talk him out of anything? How do we know they are not feeding it?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
That is a serious grassy knoll theory.

First I doubt Jerry covets Pat White all that much. He has his QB, his backup QB and he has his #1 WR. The #2 WR is coming back as well in Crayton.

Second the team made a decision to tender Austin at a 2nd determining that his value fell between a 2nd and 7th. It has been reported two team sources would have gladly taken a 2nd for Austin.

There are now less than 2 weeks before the signing period is over and Austin has gotten all of one nibble. 30 other teams haven't touched him. What do you think his value is?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2722122 said:
Who says the people talking to Jerry are trying to talk him out of anything? How do we know they are not feeding it?

Because having Pat White just play the Wildcat 5 times a game is ******** for a 2nd rounder.

He's a punk too acting like he's a legit QB and not wanting to be a WR or team player. There's no place for him on this team and if 99% of people on this board see this then I can promise you the scouts see it this way too.

SDogo

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2722127 said:
Because having Pat White just play the Wildcat 5 times a game is ******** for a 2nd rounder.

He's a punk too acting like he's a legit QB and not wanting to be a WR or team player. There's no place for him on this team and if 99% of people on this board see this then I can promise you the scouts see it this way too.

I'm not arguing, you know how much I hate the idea but I have a little less faith in Jerry then it seems you do. I have seen how he can get when he has an infatuation with a player.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2722129 said:
I'm not arguing, you know how much I hate the idea but I have a little less faith in Jerry then it seems you do. I have seen how he can get when he has an infatuation with a player.

True..but don't worry. He'll be talked out of this one. The people in the war room won't allow that pick.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jterrell;2722123 said:

First I doubt Jerry covets Pat White all that much. He has his QB, his backup QB and he has his #1 WR. The #2 WR is coming back as well in Crayton.

Second the team made a decision to tender Austin at a 2nd determining that his value fell between a 2nd and 7th. It has been reported two team sources would have gladly taken a 2nd for Austin.

There are now less than 2 weeks before the signing period is over and Austin has gotten all of one nibble. 30 other teams haven't touched him. What do you think his value is?
:signmast:

Bluefin

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2722127 said:

And no head coach would want to use one of his game day roster spots on a specialty player who might get a couple of snaps.

It's one thing to have an all-world return man like Devin Hester, you can live with a limited role on offense for guys like that.

But a Wildcat QB?

Prognosis negative.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
You guys realize that all 32 GM's are liars right now. No one admits who they really like and everyone likes throwing out bogus names.

They actually take pride in their lies. I remember some NFL GM bragging about talking up some player and a team jumped in front of them and took that player. If I can remember I will post who the GM was.

Jerry West, while with the Lakers, didn't want anyone to know he was high on Eddie Jones so he flew out Eric Montross a bunch of times and was "seen having dinner" with him a week before the draft.

jjktkk

Reaction score
The only way Jerry lets Austin go, is if the Jets make such a outrageous contract offer, that Jerry would not match. One of the reasons that Jerry let TO go was he wanted to get more playing time for Austin.

SDogo

Reaction score
jjktkk;2722212 said:
The only way Jerry lets Austin go, is if the Jets make such a outrageous contract offer, that Jerry would not match. One of the reasons that Jerry let TO go was he wanted to get more playing time for Austin.

I felt that way not to long ago either but the more I think about I think Jerry will let him go and I'm starting to believe it might be a good choice.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Jerry is gonna make a decision like this because he has a hard-on for a guy? If he was that into Pat White, he'd just overrule whatever anyone else said and pick the guy. Jerry doesn't need justification, he's the boss.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2722113 said:
It really just occurred to me. I believe the one reason Jerry may not match the Jets offer to Austin if they make one is that is simply gives him an out for getting cute and picking Pat White.

He could easily stick to his draft plan and use that extra pick to land his toy he so covets and feel better about it in the process knowing he did not use his only first day pick on him.

Can you post ANYTHING concrete that says this is Jerry's plan or that he would do this if given the 52nd pick?

Thank you in advance.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
jterrell;2722123 said:
:fact:

I know people doubt Jerry, but this one is way out there.

Personally, I think they whole Pat White thing is baloney. We aren't drafting him.

OAM

Reaction score
In all honesty, what are the odds of Jerry Jones being talked out of 3 things in a row? He's done his darnest to kill the circus around here, that's 1 and he showed T.O the door, that's 2 that had a part in 1. He doesn't want Pat White so that means I just hope whoever he does want is the right guy. Basically because..... no one is talking Jerry out of anything 3 times in a row and I like that in my teams owner.

For cryin out loud, if he wants to sleep with Jessica Simpson at this point even Romo can't stop him. The odds are just not there. The next thing Jerry sets his mind to will be implemented, whatever that be. So let's just get Jerry's 1 out of the way so we can have another 1 Stephens way and another 1 our way. He has learned to share.

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2722113 said:

Sorry, that doesn't make any sense to me...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Bluefin;2722157 said:
And no head coach would want to use one of his game day roster spots on a specialty player who might get a couple of snaps.

It's one thing to have an all-world return man like Devin Hester, you can live with a limited role on offense for guys like that.

But a Wildcat QB?

Prognosis negative.

We have a 28 yr old probowl QB with a $70 million dollar contract (over 50% guaranteed), and we are going to use a 2nd rounder on a QB???

Good Lord, I am going to freaking break something on draft day if we blow a 2nd rounder on a freaking Wildcat QB.