#53 OLB Junior Glymph

Silverstar

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this guy yet, but he sure is pretty big to play OLB at 6-6 272. He got 3 solo tackles, 2 sacks and a forced fumble in limited action Saturday night. You gotta like that kind of production from a backup guy, especially against a very mobile QB like Seneca Wallace.

Do you think he makes the 53 man cut?

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Oh it's going to be close. If he keeps it up in preseason then it will be hard to keep him off of the team. I'd love to see him make the cut though.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Silverstar said:
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this guy yet, but he sure is pretty big to play OLB at 6-6 272. He got 3 solo tackles, 2 sacks and a forced fumble in limited action Saturday night. You gotta like that kind of production from a backup guy, especially against a very mobile QB like Seneca Wallace.

Do you think he makes the 53 man cut?
I love production, and you just keep hearing his name, and BTW, he is big and that's what Parcells likes.
I hope he makes it.

sago1

Reaction score
It will all come down to numbers not only at the linebacker position but elsewhere on the team. Ware/Ayodele/James are locks to start with increasingly Ellis at the other OLB position (should he continue to show he can play there) with backups of Burnett/Boiman/Carpenter/Singleton; makes a total of 8. If Parcells keeps 9 LBs, Glymph has chance to make the team if he continues to show well in preseason. Of course if both Ellis & Glymph (both former DEs) continue to look good, maybe Singleton's lock to make this team isn't set in stone after all. I think how many LBs we keep will depend on how many WRs, OLs, DBs we keep.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I think he is a PERFECT PS guy. NOONE will want to pluck him for their active roster IMHO. He's there if we need him, but not taking up a 53 spot. :starspin

ghst187

Reaction score
that guy is ENORMOUS (6'6 270+) for a LB and it sounds like he has been making a lot of plays too...you have to keep a guy like that.
I think he sticks

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I'd like to see him make the final roster but that will only happen if someone gets hurt and we don't want that to be the case. But if it does...

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
53 looked huge the other night, however, I want to keep a watch on him

VACowboy

Reaction score
He's in his third year. Can third-year players be put on the PS?

If his making the Cowboys roster at LB is a close call, some 3-4 team will snap him up during the season as an injury replacement.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
as BP likes to say....let's not put him in canton just yet.

but i was encouraged by saturday. let's see what happens on monday.

kmd24

Reaction score
VACowboy said:
He's in his third year. Can third-year players be put on the PS?

If his making the Cowboys roster at LB is a close call, some 3-4 team will snap him up during the season as an injury replacement.

The practice squad rules state that he has to have a year of accrued service, which he doesn't (need 6 games in the season), and that a player can only be assigned to a practice squad for two years, which he may have done during his first two seasons.

I doubt he can go on the PS, but there is an outside chance. However, a player on the PS can sign with another team at any time.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Those numbers came late in the game against Seattle's trash players. I'm not saying Junior is bad, but you have to be realistic about his performace.

I don't see him making the squad, but thats just me.