54 And 55. Deja Vu?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I was about to assume that until.....

"The latter two are true owners of those numbers."

But then, Hambrick never led the team in tackles and Albright (spelled wrong) was a backup in 2012. So, I dunno....could probably use a little work in the subtle use of sarcasm.

On a side note, tackles weren't really recorded prior to 1994, although there are some admittedly inaccurate or incomplete data on some fan generated data websites.

It's interesting how you can tell the quality of a defense by who leads them in tackles. If it is a MLB then the defense is pretty stable. However, if it is a safety then that defense has some issues.

I just figured it has to be sarcasm.
Due to that fact that Howley and LRJ are literally two of the faces of this franchise, the only other alternative to explain that post other than sarcasm is just plain insanity...... :laugh:

plasticman

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that when either Jaylon and LVE make a great play, the other is the first one there to congratulate him? They are really pumping each other up and really enjoy playing together. Add that to the evolution of our D-line and I think the Cowboys are on the verge of something really awesome here.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Obviously, I was referring to their annual stats compared to their teammates. They both led their team's in tackles.

Now let's discuss "holding jocks".

I have one LB that is a Super Bowl MVP and arguably should have been two years in a row. He was a Pro Bowler six consecutive seasons and a 1st team All Pro four consecutive seasons.

I have another that was that started as a rookie and started every single game from 1966 to 1976. He was a five time Pro Bowler who once made three INT's in a five minute period. He started in 19 playoff games, including two NFL title games and three Super Bowls.

I don't remember Hambrick's impressive accplishmemts, perhaps you could enlighten me
I think Hambrick had one year with the former Falcon Jesse Tuggle like "Tackles", If you were in the vicinity the team gave you a tackle.

landroverking

Reaction score
The Doomsday defense of the late 60's and early 70's featured two perennial Pro Bowl linebackers. They were OLB #54 Chuck Howley and MLB #55 Leroy Jordan. Tackles were not recorded back then but I can assure you they were #1 and #2 respectively.

They started together for 7 straight seasons. #54 Howley became a Cowboy a few seasons earlier. Howley had to recuperate from a terrible injury he suffered as a Chicago Bear. At the time it was considered career ending. However,he recovered almost fully after a year and resumed his career after being traded to the Cowboys and was known for his speed. In Super Bowls 5 and 6 he had a combined 3 INT'sand 2 fumble recoveries

#55 Leroy Jordan was a 1st round draft pick and first rookie LB ever to start in Cowboy history.To this day,he has the 2nd most solo tackles in Cowboys history.His nickname was "killer".

Both Jordan and Howley were inducted into the Cowboys ROH.

If the current #54 and #55 can play up to the level of their predecessors,the Cowboys will have an elite dominant defense like they had 50 years ago
I like
Most here aren’t old enough to know what the LBs were like in the 60s and 70s in the 4-3 Flex.