7 Fumbles...

rysko

Reaction score
We had 7 fumbles against the Saints. That is absolutely horrible and outrageous. We need to learn to hold onto the ball. Reading that stat is depressing.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
rysko;3721766 said:
We had 7 fumbles against the Saints. That is absolutely horrible and outrageous. We need to learn to hold onto the ball. Reading that stat is depressing.

Totally agree, but that is not the norm. Important thing to remember is we had 7 fumbles and still had a chance to win. That means we were doing a lot of things right.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Bill Wooten;3721770 said:
Totally agree, but that is not the norm. Important thing to remember is we had 7 fumbles and still had a chance to win. That means we were doing a lot of things right.
...or getting a lot of lucky bounces.

sago1

Reaction score
We talk about getting a lot of lucky bounces--well we certainly watched many of our opponents in the first half seemingly get all the breaks. Just can't believe we fumbled 7 times. I'd like to see that game fame & make sure the players are well prepared to hang on to that ball. I say the defense should double their effort to cause fumbles in practice so our offense is better prepared. It's time we got lucky, not the other guys.

I really wish we beat the Saint but the Cowboys played tough coming back from a 17 point deficit. Our 3-7 team gave the Saints a really tough game & kept us all clued to the television. Far cry from earlier this season.

Garrett has done a great job since he took over. I'd like a few more wins but just as important, probably even more so, I want to continue to see this team fight and fight some more. Like Garrett has said, football is a tough game & players must be tough to play/win these games.

But we also need to remember we've got some serious issues at several positions--the biggest is with our OL followed closely by problems in our secondary & in the front 7. Drafting higher then we have in years will give us a chance to draft some good playes who can help us immediately. Hopefully Jerry's also still has the money to sign at least 2 good starting players in FA--particulalry an OG & a S.

Now we face the Colts & both this team will be ready. But I really believe the Colts are beatable; maybe that stems from the fact that we've beaten twice both times we faced them lately. Of course, Romo was the starter in those game & we've got Kitna now. Kitna is going well since Garrett took over but not so much when Wade was still the guy. Romo will do even greater once he's back probably next year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Future;3721884 said:
...or getting a lot of lucky bounces.
I hope so. I believe every great team of all time also was blessed with some good luck. Heaven knows we had plenty of bad luck already this year. Time for some of the good kind.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
That's pretty telling as far as how this team loves finding ways to lose. I've watched them lose just about every way there is.