#7 Neb vs K. State on ESPN tonight

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3602997 said:
:confused:

K-State isn't any good, so I doubt this game will prove anything.

Except once more what a great option QB Martinez is. Tremendous speed.

That dude is awesome. The Huskers are back! Woooo

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
So how long until Nebraska jumps Boise State in the polls? :laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Martinez is one fast dude who only will get better. As was pointed out in the game last night he sometimes makes mistakes not making the correct read on handing off or keeping the ball but he is a freshman who is only going to get better as he becomes more experienced in this Neb offense. Right now he relies on his raw skills which is outstanding

Doomsday101

Reaction score
SupermanXx;3603230 said:
how long until we draft Martinez and turn him into a DE/LB "tweener"?

Unless he improves greatly as a passer his future in the NFL will not be at QB. His passing skills look bad but because of his great ability to run it forces defense to come up to stop him often leaving WR open. In the pros you’re not going to get that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3603244 said:
Unless he improves greatly as a passer his future in the NFL will not be at QB. His passing skills look bad but because of his great ability to run it forces defense to come up to stop him often leaving WR open. In the pros you’re not going to get that.

Who cares though.

He's a Husker throwback at QB. How can you now love it?

Thanks Texas for ruining the conference just when Nebraska is bouncing back.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
CATCH17;3603273 said:
Who cares though.

I'd much rather watch Nebraska play Iowa, Ohio St, Penn St, Michigan St, Wisconsin, Michigan year in and year out than them being in the Big 12. Im glad Texas ruined it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
ajk23az;3603278 said:
I'd much rather watch Nebraska play Iowa, Ohio St, Penn St, Michigan St, Wisconsin, Michigan year in and year out than them being in the Big 12. Im glad Texas ruined it.

Oh not me. I can't stand Big 10 football. But I will say the Big 10 finally stepped up this year into the 2nd best Conference for a change.

Big 12 is gonna be so weak after losing Nebraska.

I also worry that Nebraska won't be able to recruit as well in the South now too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CATCH17;3603273 said:
Who cares though.

I think Martinez is a great college QB I take nothing away from him I only stated that he will not make it in the NFL with this style of play unless he really works hard on his passing skills. He is a freshman so he has time to develop and learn the passing skills he will need at the next level.

As for the Horns I expected them to be a bit down this season but Texas will not stay down.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
this was my first time really sitting down and watching a college game from start to finish (like I said, never really follow college)

my g/f, after one of Martinez's 2,000 yard runs, said "Romo needs to take lessons from Martinez!"

after the initial feeling of wanting to choke her to death, I simply laughed sarcastically.

watching these batch of n00bs play reminds me how freaking good NFL players are.

what the hell.... hand off to Martinez, watch the defense part like the freakin Red Sea, and let him run fast in a straight line.

not impressed to be honest.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was wanted K-St. to keep it close and not get embarrassed. Fail on both parts. Guys jumping off that bandwagon tight and left around here today.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
It's Nebraska and Kansas. Both states suck so this thread sucks! :D

/thread

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3603314 said:
I think Martinez is a great college QB I take nothing away from him I only stated that he will not make it in the NFL with this style of play unless he really works hard on his passing skills. He is a freshman so he has time to develop and learn the passing skills he will need at the next level.

As for the Horns I expected them to be a bit down this season but Texas will not stay down.

Probably not but they aren't bouncing back until they lose there 3rd straight.

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
nyc;3603433 said:
It's Nebraska and Kansas. Both states suck so this thread sucks! :D

/thread

Both states do suck :D but one at least has a good maybe great football team.:D

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
CATCH17;3603283 said:
Oh not me. I can't stand Big 10 football. But I will say the Big 10 finally stepped up this year into the 2nd best Conference for a change.

Big 12 is gonna be so weak after losing Nebraska.

I also worry that Nebraska won't be able to recruit as well in the South now too.

It was weak with Nebraska...The Cornhuskers only recently became any good..

Actually last year.

The Big XII is actually the Big II and has been for awhile.

Jack-Reacher

MTRS-Jon
Reaction score
SupermanXx;3603370 said:
this was my first time really sitting down and watching a college game from start to finish (like I said, never really follow college)

my g/f, after one of Martinez's 2,000 yard runs, said "Romo needs to take lessons from Martinez!"

after the initial feeling of wanting to choke her to death, I simply laughed sarcastically.

watching these batch of n00bs play reminds me how freaking good NFL players are.

what the hell.... hand off to Martinez, watch the defense part like the freakin Red Sea, and let him run fast in a straight line.

not impressed to be honest.

Martinez reminds me a lot of Eric Crouch.. how well did he do in the NFL?

He was outstanding at Nebraska but that style just does not translate well to the NFL. Unless it is over the top sick skill level like Vick had, perhaps Denard Robinson of Michigan is the closest thing we have seen to what Mike possessed but a strong wind seems to injure Denard he that fragile.

Even with Vick's athletic skill set, his game wasn't that world ending and didn't really equate to much in win/loss columns. The college game is so different from the pro game in so many ways, many of these athletes are not prepared and never will be prepared for the next level.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CATCH17;3603446 said:
Probably not but they aren't bouncing back until they lose there 3rd straight.

Chances are your right. Only thing Texas has going in their favor is they have the bye this week and will get to see alot of film on Neb and hopefully get Mike Davis back in the lineup. Texas will need every weapon they have.

If I was a betting man I clearly would put the cash down on Neb for the game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jack-Reacher;3603456 said:
Martinez reminds me a lot of Eric Crouch.. how well did he do in the NFL?

He was outstanding at Nebraska but that style just does not translate well to the NFL. Unless it is over the top sick skill level like Vick had, perhaps Denard Robinson of Michigan is the closest thing we have seen to what Mike possessed but a strong wind seems to injure Denard he that fragile.

Even with Vick's athletic skill set, his game wasn't that world ending and didn't really equate to much in win/loss columns. The college game is so different from the pro game in so many ways, many of these athletes are not prepared and never will be prepared for the next level.

True most college players are not good enough to make the pros so when these kids who do get drafted or come in as UDFA and enter the NFL they are facing quality player week in and week out.

I still find college football very enjoyable because so many of them do it because they love the game and many know college will be their last oppertunity to play the game they love.