7 Rd Draft for 2021 with trades

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Does anyone think Farley may fall because he opted out? Not that he's not fantastic, but because of the year off.
Yes but he's not falling out of the top half of the 1st round. Him and Stingley were the best corners in CFB last year.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It's going to be interesting to see how the players who opted out perform long term.

It might just be the equivalent of an ACL tear taking you away from the game for nearly the year. Maybe not.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I personally think they will be fresher. I would think they have been in a program and working with an elite trainer.
Yep, because that's what the scouts are going to want to know. Also why he opted out. If that was for family reasons, he'll score with that as well.

starfan1

Reaction score
I certainly could live with that draft. I’m not sure if it’s a bit Dline heavy or not is swap another corner in there maybe

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yep, because that's what the scouts are going to want to know. Also why he opted out. If that was for family reasons, he'll score with that as well.
TBH in farley's case. Covid gave him a legit excuse to sit. He had zero to gain by playing this year. The only thing he could have done is hurt himself literally or just by playing poorly

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
1. Caleb Farley CB, Virginia Tech
2a. Alex Leatherwood OL, Alabama
2b. Trevon Moehrig S TCU
3a. Tyler Shelvin NT, LSU
3b. Andre Cisco S, Syracuse
4a. Jaelan Phillips EDGE, Miami
4b. Baron Browning LB, Ohio State
5. Olaijah Griffin CB, USC
6a. Robert Hainsey OL, Notre Dame
6b. Big Cat Bryant, Edge, Auburn
7. TJ Vasher WR, Texas Tech

Any draft that has us landing Farley, Moehrig, Phillips, and Shelvin is a HOME RUN draft.

I'm not big on Alex Leatherwood but I understand the pick.

I'm really not big on Cisco, but after already drafting Moehrig, I wouldn't mind gambling on Cisco's ball skills.

I lowkey get a Fred Warner (BYU & 49ers LB) vibe from Baron Browning.

Fun fact, USC's Olaijah Griffin is the son of rapper Warren G. Regulators.....Mount Up!

You can do a lot worse than 6'6" T.J. Vasher in the 7th round.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I'll take that draft. The only thing that would concern me about Farley is injury concerns. Read that he tore his ACL and had some back issues last year but he is very good player and I would draft him despite those concerns.

conner01

Reaction score
Does anyone think Farley may fall because he opted out? Not that he's not fantastic, but because of the year off.
Lots of players did
Don’t think it hurts them but it adds risks for teams

Reactions: G2

Sydla

Reaction score
1. Caleb Farley CB, Virginia Tech
2a. Alex Leatherwood OL, Alabama
2b. Trevon Moehrig S TCU
3a. Tyler Shelvin NT, LSU
3b. Andre Cisco S, Syracuse
4a. Jaelan Phillips EDGE, Miami
4b. Baron Browning LB, Ohio State
5. Olaijah Griffin CB, USC
6a. Robert Hainsey OL, Notre Dame
6b. Big Cat Bryant, Edge, Auburn
7. TJ Vasher WR, Texas Tech

Any draft that has us landing Farley, Moehrig, Phillips, and Shelvin is a HOME RUN draft.

I'm not big on Alex Leatherwood but I understand the pick.

I'm really not big on Cisco, but after already drafting Moehrig, I wouldn't mind gambling on Cisco's ball skills.

I lowkey get a Fred Warner (BYU & 49ers LB) vibe from Baron Browning.

Fun fact, USC's Olaijah Griffin is the son of rapper Warren G. Regulators.....Mount Up!

You can do a lot worse than 6'6" T.J. Vasher in the 7th round.

Cisco as your late 3rd round pick after getting Moehrig would be palatable. I think as a pure pass defender Cisco has a chance but I worry about his ability to tackle and handle NFL bodies.

I like some of those late round guys too. Vasher, at that size, would be worth the risk in the 7th. Hainsey is a pretty good OL who, worst case, I think could be a good backup OG/OT. He was OK last year battling some injuries but has been much better this year at RT. But I am not sure he's a regular OT in the NFL.

If you have two second round picks and one is Leatherwood, that's a big win IMO. I doubt he'd be there though.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I feel like alot of those guys are not going to last where they are in this. I also dont like how we didnt address linebacker but felt the need to double up at safety.

And by address i mean use one of the thirds.