# 71 Cory Proctor

zekecee

When Posting...Please Use Caution
Reaction score
I was just watching a DirecTV's Short Cuts of the Cowboys game, and I just happened to look up and saw "YOUR BOY" Cory Proctor on Special Teams. He is MR OLE no matter where you put him. He totally whiffed on his guy that was coming down on kick off return. This guy hit Felix Jones on the thigh...maybe this is where he got the thigh bruise from. This guy...I tell ya... NAKED PICTURES!!!! Gotta be the reason he is still here.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
zekecee;2942015 said:
I was just watching a DirecTV's Short Cuts of the Cowboys game, and I just happened to look up and saw "YOUR BOY" Cory Proctor on Special Teams. He is MR OLE no matter where you put him. He totally whiffed on his guy that was coming down on kick off return. This guy hit Felix Jones on the thigh...maybe this is where he got the thigh bruise from. This guy...I tell ya... NAKED PICTURES!!!! Gotta be the reason he is still here.

lol, i think that the cowboys just dont want to admit that they are terrible at picking offensive linemen. I am sure that as soon as Preston learns the offense to play center that the cowboys will release proctor or trade him if we are lucky to find someone that wants him.

MONT17

Reaction score
Pride is a funny thing when it comes to Owners playing GM...

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
That play was amost as comical as his staying in his stance while everyone around him moved debacle last year.

And when I say comical I mean tragic and depressing.

What is funny is that almost every Cowboy that is talked about badly on this board.. Jerry Jones, Wade, TO, Roy Williams, Isaiah Stanback, and even Bobby Carpenter, has people who defend them with a passion. No one defends Cory Procter. No one. That should be enough proof that he is the worst yet we slapped a 2nd round tender on him.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
DCFanatic talked about this in his blog and I think he's right:
/http://dcfanatic.thedallascowboyshow.com/2009/09/10/so-thats-why-they-kept-procter/

By dcfanatic, September 10, 2009 6:02 pm
When the final cuts came down I expected Cory Procter's name to be on the list. Then I completely expected that he would be cut at some point this week after the Cowboys found a replacement from the waiver wire.
He's still here and now I know why, read here.
We don’t get to watch a lot of practice each day, and most of our 25-minutes out there is for the all-intensive stretching period.
But judging on some of the special teams work they did, it does appear that Cory Procter and Doug Free will be two of the active players for Sunday’s game in Tampa. Now the team kept 10 offensive linemen but typically, only seven or eight linemen are active on the 45-man game day roster.
Procter and Free are both on the starting kickoff return units, which are anchored deep by Felix Jones, who of course, will be active Sunday. That was an easy one.
The Cowboys are going to go with eight offensive lineman on Sunday. It's going to be the five starters and Free, Procter and Preston.
Speaking with some people over the last month it became clear that Coach Joe Decamillis has a very strong influence on this roster. I had heard that he was worried about the blocking on his kickoff team. So he needed Cory Procter as a blocker and that's why he's still around.
I get it, but I wonder if it's a permanent thing for the season.

zekecee

When Posting...Please Use Caution
Reaction score
Thanks for provinding that insight. I can only hope that someone else steps up, because even on special teams, Proctor is gonna get someone killed.

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2942021 said:
lol, i think that the cowboys just dont want to admit that they are terrible at picking offensive linemen. I am sure that as soon as Preston learns the offense to play center that the cowboys will release proctor or trade him if we are lucky to find someone that wants him.
Um he was undrafted.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Whoever the backup OL are, they are going to be blocking on STs. That's just the way it is, I really doubt Joe D wanted Procter kept on the roster over any other OL.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
as much as folks here think he sucks, he remains our top backup at C-G... wonder if the coaching staff thinks he sucks? oh, I forgot, everyone here is smarter than coaches

speedkilz88

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2942470 said:
as much as folks here think he sucks, he remains our top backup at C-G... wonder if the coaching staff thinks he sucks? oh, I forgot, everyone here is smarter than coaches
The coaches picked up Preston for a reason, maybe they see what everyone else does. (Hey guys, there's one defender)

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2942470 said:

I never understood the venom Proctor gets on this board. He's beaten out the fat and lazy Holland two years in a row now and unlike Holland, didn't cost Dallas a draft pick.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2942479 said:
The coaches picked up Preston for a reason, maybe they see what everyone else does. (Hey guys, there's one defender)

Note that Preston was not active and Proctor was.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;2942567 said:
I never understood the venom Proctor gets on this board. He's beaten out the fat and lazy Holland two years in a row now and unlike Holland, didn't cost Dallas a draft pick.
If one of the guards get hurt, Holland will start for them. Procter is the one active because he can also back up the center spot. That's why Preston(also a c/g) could force Procter out when he learns the offense.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2942925 said:
Note that Preston just got here and needs to learn the offense.

Note that a vet like him shouldn't need all that much time.

That lame Montrae Holland-esque excuse just doesn't fly.

mrla

A Passion for the Star
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2942470 said:

If the Proctologist is our best backup c-g we are in deep doo-doo.