# 71 Cory Proctor

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AbeBeta;2943078 said:
Note that a vet like him shouldn't need all that much time.

That lame Montrae Holland-esque excuse just doesn't fly.

Neither does the lame observation that because the coaches keep him around that he doesn't flat-out suck.

Not like they haven't missed - badly - in the past.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
stasheroo;2943090 said:
Neither does the lame observation that because the coaches keep him around that he doesn't flat-out suck.

Not like they haven't missed - badly - in the past.

Oh yeah, says the guy who thinks Holland is infinitely better despite not being able to take Proctor's job after over a year on the roster.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2943078 said:
Note that a vet like him shouldn't need all that much time.

That lame Montrae Holland-esque excuse just doesn't fly.

we're talking about a couple of weeks

not a couple of months

dude just became a Cowboy a week before the regular season

be realistic

kmp77

Reaction score
So Proctor gets Romo hurt last year and gets Jones hurt this year...#$@!#...:banghead: :banghead:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AbeBeta;2943396 said:
Oh yeah, says the guy who thinks Holland is infinitely better despite not being able to take Proctor's job after over a year on the roster.

Newsflash!

He wasn't brought in to take Procter's job.

Holland was brought in to fill a clear void at guard - not center.

Although Procter was so bad, the team attempted to have Holland play there too.

Then they went out and got yet another backup center.

Tells you all you need to know about Procter's lack of ability.

If one of the guards goes down, it will be Holland, not Procter who steps in.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2942470 said:
as much as folks here think he sucks, he remains our top backup at C-G... wonder if the coaching staff thinks he sucks? oh, I forgot, everyone here is smarter than coaches

That just about sums it up. Is Proctor a starter? Heck no. Is he a serviceable backup until we find someone better? Apparently the coaches thinks so.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2943426 said:
we're talking about a couple of weeks

not a couple of months

dude just became a Cowboy a week before the regular season

be realistic

Yet Proctor keeps beating folks out... it is just there plain as day but folks need to come up with more complex explanations.

Me, I'd love it if Preston took Proctor's job and sent him packing. But it is clear that the guys we are getting to compete with him really aren't much (if any) better.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
stasheroo;2943621 said:
Newsflash!

He wasn't brought in to take Procter's job.

Holland was brought in to fill a clear void at guard - not center.

Although Procter was so bad, the team attempted to have Holland play there too.

Then they went out and got yet another backup center.

Tells you all you need to know about Procter's lack of ability.

If one of the guards goes down, it will be Holland, not Procter who steps in.

Holland wasn't brought in to take Procter's job? Let's see. I'm sorry, who took over for Kosier when he went down? Who played RG and who sat until near the end of the season?

Procter's job last year was RG and Holland had a hell of a time taking that job from him. That really is all there is to it.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2942470 said:
as much as folks here think he sucks, he remains our top backup at C-G... wonder if the coaching staff thinks he sucks? oh, I forgot, everyone here is smarter than coaches
Coaches have blind spots. Sometimes, they're more like canyons, like with Brad Johnson.

Proctor can't play professional football. If he were cut, no one would pick him up. Almost anybody who lines up across from him is a complete physical mismatch for him. I shudder to think if we have to play Minnesota or Washington or anyone with a dominant interior lineman without Gurode.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AbeBeta;2943952 said:
Holland wasn't brought in to take Procter's job? Let's see. I'm sorry, who took over for Kosier when he went down? Who played RG and who sat until near the end of the season?

That'd be LG.

But anyway.

If Procter did such a great job, why was there a need to trade for Holland at all?

And once Holland was up to speed, the team got Procter out of there. The only reason he got back in was because Holland got hurt.

Procter's job last year was RG and Holland had a hell of a time taking that job from him. That really is all there is to it.

It took Holland time to learn the offense because he hadn't been here all offseason.

It's also taking Preston time to learn it as well.

I'm hopeful that once he does, our days of having to put up with a stiff who can't play like Procter will be over.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
stasheroo;2944035 said:
That'd be LG.

But anyway.

If Procter did such a great job, why was there a need to trade for Holland at all?

And once Holland was up to speed, the team got Procter out of there. The only reason he got back in was because Holland got hurt.

It took Holland how long to get up to speed? Until Thanksgiving.

Please. You know it shouldn't take a vet that long to "get up to speed"

Gee, why did we trade for Holland? Does it matter? He couldn't take Proctor's job until turkey was on the table.

stasheroo;2944035 said:
It took Holland time to learn the offense because he hadn't been here all offseason.

It's also taking Preston time to learn it as well.

I'm hopeful that once he does, our days of having to put up with a stiff who can't play like Procter will be over.

You are giving these vets far too much slack. Guys around the league are being added to rosters after missing TC and pre-season. Am I to expect that none of them will contribute at all until late November?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2943945 said:
Yet Proctor keeps beating folks out... it is just there plain as day but folks need to come up with more complex explanations.

Me, I'd love it if Preston took Proctor's job and sent him packing. But it is clear that the guys we are getting to compete with him really aren't much (if any) better.

what I'm saying is you have to have a better time-line than just a mere 1 week before the start of the regular season

of course Proctor is going to be ahead of Preston at this juncture...by default, not thru anything he has done

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AbeBeta;2944254 said:
It took Holland how long to get up to speed? Until Thanksgiving.

Please. You know it shouldn't take a vet that long to "get up to speed"

Gee, why did we trade for Holland? Does it matter? He couldn't take Proctor's job until turkey was on the table.

It matters to me when you're using him as an excuse as to why Procter's still around.

And unlike Procter, Holland didn't have the benefit of over a year's worth of experience in the system, much like the current situation with Preston. Hopefully when Duke's up-to-speed, Procter will finally be punted.

And again I'd criticize the team, they're supposed to know what they have (or more aptly don't have) in Procter and they did two things wrong:

1) They kept the bum and tagged him at a $1.5 million salary

2) Waited until late in preseason to start the process of upgrading over him

AbeBeta said:
You are giving these vets far too much slack. Guys around the league are being added to rosters after missing TC and pre-season. Am I to expect that none of them will contribute at all until late November?

I'd say it depends on several factors:

The aptitude of the player involved and their experience in your scheme

The dire need or lack thereof

The sheer 'pedigree' and quality of the player in question

I don't think there's a 'standard rule' for when a player should play and when they shouldn't, I think it varies.