72 million in cap space in 2019

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
We can pay Tank, Irving and Martin and still have around $45m+ We could have another $8-10m, on top if Crawford and Twill are cut, as its cheaper to move on from them this season.

MeAgain

Reaction score
The closer to the end of paying people that are no longer here. Its good to be able to breath for a couple years. Next is Zeke and Dak! Then wich ever player turns into a star.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
That could be the season Dallas finally makes a run if they get busy in that offseason.

jay94

Reaction score
if Dak is adequate he will at least get 25 million, just by how the market works. Zack Martin will probably get 15 mil a year, I know people will cringe at that, but every day he doesn't sign the dollar amount goes up.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if Dak is adequate he will at least get 25 million, just by how the market works. Zack Martin will probably get 15 mil a year, I know people will cringe at that, but every day he doesn't sign the dollar amount goes up.
The salary cap grows faster than how much more Martin will get paid.

In other words, the longer the Cowboys wait to sign him the better.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
Once they over pay Dak by 10 million, the cap space will disappear.
DAk is worth 10 or 11 million a year. He's probably the 7th or 8th best player on the team, but he'll get paid 20 million.

And by the time he needs paying we are projected to have $119.3, in cap space

garyv

Reaction score
Personally if David Irvin can play all year and produce the results I think he can theres another important piece
that will need signed.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
And to think...it only took 7 years of watching Free Agency from the sidelines and cutting players to get there.

We can do whatever we want!

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Dak is worth 11 million. This is a run first team. If that’s the case, your q.v. should never get more than 15.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is worth 11 million. This is a run first team. If that’s the case, your q.v. should never get more than 15.
The next FA QB gets paid more than the last one. For the most part stats don't matter. That is proven history, and Dak will get his share when he is due. Playing in a run first offense won't matter one bit.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Dak won’t succeed in every team. He needs the table to be set. I’d offer him 10 million. If he doesn’t take it, bring someone in for cheaper and they’ll have the same success with this line and zeke.