78 Karat Mock

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I decided it was time to mock myself again. I have to let go of dreams of Rolando McClain. I lit a candle.

Feel free to comment, good or bad.

This is a confusing Draft in a lot of ways. Whomever we take is likely to be a backup for a couple of years. We definitely have a chance to reload if we simply draft smart. In some ways KR might be our most important need. Not going there early though.

1. Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa, 6'6", 315. It doesn't matter if OT is the biggest need, he is the best player likely to be there at the bottom of round 1. I can see us going DE if we lose 2 guys in Free Agency, but no 3-4 DE is as valuable as this guy in the grand scheme. This move allows Robert Brewster to move to LG where the team wants him. Bulaga and Free are the future OTs and the OL has needed depth.

2. Allen Bailey, DE, Miami, 6'4", 290.
Potential is through the roof. An athletic freak who simply collapses the pocket to create lanes. 3 of our 4 DEs are Free Agents and I don't think we can keep all 3. So this is a need and value. Also plays some NT.

3. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB, IUP, 6'1", 205. You can never have enough CBs and this one is a Special teams ace. He averaged almost 30 yards on Kickoff Returns and almost 13 yards on Punt Returns and scored 5 times on Special Teams.

4. Eric Olsen, C, Notre Dame, 6'4", 305.
He can also play OG and there is no doubt shoring up the OL depth is vital for the future as ours is getting up there in age. He plays in a Pro Style Offense which is a plus.

6. Naaman Roosevelt, WR, Buffalo, 6'0", 190. I began the NCAA season predicting Danario Alexander would rise from nowhere up the Draft charts. He has. I've seen him as high as round 2. My cat dreams always die. This kid could be a better fit for the Cowboys anyway. Sam Hurd is a Free Agent and though he is a Special teams stud I can see the Cowboys making a WR pick and gambling on Ogletree and grooming someone else. His production was out of this world. 104, 1402 yards, 13 scores. Reminds me of Keenan McCardell the way he runs.

7. Jeff Byers, OG, USC, 6'3", 290. This Draft has already sent McQuistan and Procter packing, might as well 86 Holland too.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
3 OL that would be great especially if 2 of them pan out...

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Really like Bailey, but sounds like he is returning for his senior season now that he spoke with his mom.

9darter

Reaction score
Nice mock! I'd be excited with a draft like this. But maybe mix in Brandon Sharpe at the end, and then keep Sam Hurd instead of your WR pick.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Not sexy, not flashy but functional. Love it.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Love Bulaga, if he's there (I don't think he will be) and AOA is my pet cat. Olsen would be a another fourth-round steal. Baily's going back to school. Mike Neal, Art Jones and/or Corey Wootton should be there if it's gotta be a DL in that spot. But a guy I like to fall toward the end of the 2nd is Ricky Sapp. He's an OLB, but he's big (6-4, 248), fast (sub-4.6) and draws comparisons to DeWare. Can never have enough corners or athletic pass rushers.

newlander

Reaction score
......that's a hell of a mock Hos. I've seen Bulaga play about 4 times this season including once in person: extremely impressive physically and his feet and technique are VERY sound as most olinemen under ferentz are.....just don't know if he'll be there though.

DFWJC

Reaction score
From what I've seen and read of Bulaga, he'd be a nice pickup at #27....just not so sure he slips past GB at #23.

Nice Mock anyway.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Wooten is my pet cat, we could trade down a few spots and still get him I think.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I don't see a kicker.

My IP address shall be blocked soon.

newlander

Reaction score
........that's my biggest fear DFW....how or WHY would Green Bay let Bulaga fall to us? I think they'll snatch him up: UNLESS we trade up to get him.